Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbies and interests

Options
  • 15-03-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭

How come so many people seem to have little or none? Whats with people (most often female) whos only interests are soaps and celebrity gossip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Balmed Out wrote: »
    How come so many people seem to have little or none?
    Based on..? Maybe it's just the people you know.
    Whats with people (most often female) whos only interests are soaps and celebrity gossip?
    Female brain - so small, it couldn't possibly be expected to handle much more than that.
    (tongue-in-mother****ing-cheek ¬_¬)
    Seriously, again, maybe it's just the women you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Karoma wrote: »
    Female brain - so small, it couldn't possibly be expected to handle much more than that.
    (tongue-in-mother****ing-cheek ¬_¬)

Ha ha, spot on!

Reminds me of this Harry Enfield/Paul Whitehouse sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Women are idiots lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep, a lot of women are - as are a lot of men.

Heh, I love that Harry Enfield sketch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dudess wrote: »
    Yep, women are - as are a lot of men. You, however are sexy and intelligent

Heh, I love that Harry Enfield sketch!

Why thanksyou Dudess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im female. i enjoy feckin around online.. jigsaw puzzles, hurling, listening to music, walking, and am starting up surfing as a new hobby. love kickboxing, looking around for a club to join at the moment. celebrity gossip also amuses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Not trying to do an anti women thread just annoys me the proportion of women who dont actively partake in sports even as a spectator, only read romance and live for home and away, cornation street etc. Seems a terrible way to be. I realise theres lots of women who are a little more interesting but whats up with the legions who arent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

as if sports is the only thing someone can be interested in? music? current affairs? social issues? im not so interested in current affairs, but music and social issues, im fairly up to date with , and pretty well read on. i quite enjoyed sport, which i speknt a lot of my life on as a kid, between hurling, camogie, football, soccer, basketball... lots of time on sports for me... but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

I'm a woman and majorly into active lifestyle, interested in the latest in sciene, currents affairs, music. Have never watched a soap, bought a gossip magazine. The OP is just generalizing. Just because women around you are into gossiping and soaps doesn't mean everyone is. It's like saying ALL men are lazy bastards who do nothing around the house, just drink etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Most people I know have a good few hobbies, make new friends man! Your Egypt pctures are class by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm fond of judo as an active hobby, but I also watch boxing and mixed martial arts religiously. I play a little keyboard and guitar. I'm also active in the Republican movement. I like to keep myself busy. Oh, posting on the interweb is another hobby of mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have no hobbies.

I'd like some, and I've tried loads of stuff, but nothing ever holds my interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

phasers wrote: »
    I have no hobbies.

I'd like some, and I've tried loads of stuff, but nothing ever holds my interest.

Try a musical instrument, or martial arts.. maybe something to do with travelling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Sir Wanksalot

Balmed Out wrote: »
    How come so many people seem to have little or none? Whats with people (most often female) whos only interests are soaps and celebrity gossip?

What do you mean Balmed Out ?

I have lots of hobbies the main two are
    1. ****
    2. Having sex with men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Knitting and sewing.
    Cooking
    Loved step aerobics, but it's not done in gyms anymore.
    Shopping:D

Unaton wrote: »
    I'm a woman and majorly into active lifestyle, interested in the latest in sciene, currents affairs, music. Have never watched a soap, bought a gossip magazine. The OP is just generalizing. Just because women around you are into gossiping and soaps doesn't mean everyone is. It's like saying ALL men are lazy bastards who do nothing around the house, just drink etc
    I AM NOT ATTACKING ANYONE HERE.
    I AM NOT SAYING ALL OR MOST WOMEN ARE LIKE THIS.
    I AM NOT SAYING ONLY WOMEN ARE LIKE THIS.

Come on though, we all know people who could do with expanding their horizons massively and yes I do think that it can be more true of certain women then men. Im not only considering sport. I like to play soccer, use a gym, I go to eircom league and hurling games, i do a bit of surfing, hillwalking and a few other sports. I also go to giggs, museums and I read lots of different types of books. etc etc etc. Im not saying most people here dont but how often do u meet someone whose holidays are confined to the canaries or that one trip to oz and they dont have really anything they seem interested in beside said gossip columns and soap operas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Unaton wrote: »
    The OP is not saying all women are only into soaps, shoes, gossip etc, but that a lot of them are. And I, as a woman, would be inclined to agree with him.

Dudess wrote: »
    The OP is not saying all women are only into soaps, shoes, gossip etc, but that a lot of them are. And I, as a woman, would be inclined to agree with him.

thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

So ma'am ,what's your opinion on the deterioration of peace talks in the middle east?

My hat is pink!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm a man who doesn't give a flying f**k at a rolling donut about sport. Such ostracism :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Stephen wrote: »
    I'm a man who doesn't give a flying f**k at a rolling donut about sport. Such ostracism :(

Yeah but judging by your avatar you've good taste in music (:) Philo and :mad: Louis) so we forgive ya.

Advertisement