Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drink in regards to big events?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

I dont know if there is a limit to how many threads a person can make per day(this is my 2nd on AH today but as im new here im not sure if its allowed)

Anyhoo just wondering if any boardsies have ever been REALLY looking forward to a big sussiun for an event(a birthday for example) but when the day came they reliased they just were not in the mood for the session they had in mind and just wanted to sit at home with a take away and a movie.

Happened my fella tonight, his bday was today and he decided that he would celebrate that and paddys day and go on a big sessiun today (i didnt go as i got caught to work), he went out at 3 and crawled in at 9 o clock muttering that "he just wasnt in the mood for it"

Now this has happened me before- If ya build yourself up for a giant session is it inevetiable that you will feel exhaused after a few drinks and want to go home?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Sir Wanksalot

This happens to me all the time.
    But i'm quite happy to stay in and **** off all night.

I find it less stressful than drinking (i never drink alcohol btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

I´ve always said that the best nights/sessiuns I´ve had, have been spur of the moment, make it up as you go along nights. The build up sometimes fcuks up the "big" night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's only so much drinking you can do. There comes a time when you just have to change the record.

And start as many threads as you like! The trick is originality.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The more threads you make in ah the happier the mods will be. More is encouraged.

Happens to me quite a lot. Although sometimes when I decide to stay in, after an hour or so I get bored, change my mind and head out anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

That Friends episode with Gandalf comes to mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Many a time I haven't seen the boys for week or so, and I'll get the idea to plan a big night out on the Friday, blissfully reminiscing to myself at the time about all our benders when we were on J1's and what not. Then hen Friday comes, and for one reason or another i'm feeling knackered. As the day progressively goes on, I know deep down that i'll bottle the sessuin and stay in and have a ****. By the time 6pm Friday comes, I sent out some text with a **** excuse feeling like a pussy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

sussiun...sessiun
    What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

And start as many threads as you like! The trick is originality.

is this orginal ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Oriel wrote: »
    What?

is session but down here we say sessiun (pronounced sesh-shoon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

eldeabroad wrote: »
    I´ve always said that the best nights/sessiuns I´ve had, have been spur of the moment, make it up as you go along nights. The build up sometimes fcuks up the "big" night.

I agree. Any sort of planned event, like the 2000 new year, always ends up being ****e for me. But random day time drinking... love it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement