Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

If we're going to debate the meaning of 'good' then you might as well debate the meaning of 'bargain' too since it is equally subjective.

I'd be of the mind that if someone makes the effort to post in this thread, we should all nod to the poster in thanks. Who knows when you might need to buy a slab of lager or some cheaper spirits or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I'd be of the mind that if someone makes the effort to post in this thread, we should all nod to the poster in thanks. Who knows when you might need to buy a slab of lager or some cheaper spirits or whatever.

+1

It is communion/confirmation/BBQ season after all when quantity (as in having guests around not milling 20 beers yourself) and value for money can be more important than quality :p

Despite having a strong preference for quality IPA, Porters and from time to time Ales of various character there are times when a few cans of ice cold Bud/Heino or Bulmers/Taurus Cider are what's needed and really hit the spot!!

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

BenThere wrote: »
    a few cans of ice cold Bud/Heino or Bulmers/Taurus Cider are what's needed and really hit the spot!!
    Lets not go crazy here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

irish_goat wrote: »
    I'd argue it is, in the same way a bland steak is not a good steak.
    I would say guinness and heineken have done good jobs of what they set out to do, which was presumably not to make an authentic product.

If many people baulked at the taste of a strong tasting steak and only ate it since it was fairly cheap & filling and gave them a fix of protein then some meat producer or restaurant might set out to make bland beef.

Some go for the low cost bland option, like people would go for chicken breasts over pheasant or something.

I know a bud drinker who was genuinely surprised when he found out I like the taste of beer, he only drank it to get drunk and seemed to figure most people did, makes sense for him to go for bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Wow this thread really has gone of topic, good discussion though, I've been drinking craft beer for about 2 years now and before then I was a Guinness man.
    I had my first pint of Guinness down the local for about a year and I must say it was lovely, the temperature was just right. I find a lot of the pubs that do "Good" Guinness tend to frezze the be Jesus out of it which just kills the taste for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The growth of the craft beer industry in Ireland is directly proportional to the growth in the number of beerknobs in Ireland.

I'm delighted with the former, I guess the latter is inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Hate getting notifications for this thread, thinking there's a new bargain to be had.... Then I click in to find out its just a few fella's whinging about who has the best taste in booze. Who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hate getting notifications for this thread, thinking there's a new bargain to be had.... Then I click in to find out its just a few fella's whinging about who has the best taste in booze. Who cares?

Aaaaaaand.... on that note, back to talking about "Bargain Alerts" folks. ahthankyou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

"Tesco are currently doing Coors Light and Heineken 500 ml cans 24pack for €28."

Lifted from this 'anti-beer snob' thread ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057191195

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Tesco

Blue Moon 355ml bottles, 1.50e

8 degrees six-packs, 11.49.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Molloys Liquor promotions, 3 x Trouble Brewing/Galway Hooker €9, 5 x Eight Degrees €10, 5 x Franciscan Well €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Picked up 10 500 ml San Miguel for 10 euro in Tesco Roscrea..Not bad if i do say so myself:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

dexter647 wrote: »
    Picked up 10 500 ml San Miguel for 10 euro in Tesco Roscrea..Not bad if i do say so myself:)

Tesco are selling equally terrible beer Bavaria 20 x 330ml bottles for €10.

Now don't get me wrong I'd normally stay well clear of the muck but havin a couple of mates over and want to be able to offer a beer without breakin the bank. They will be ice cold served with a slice of lime. 50cent a bottle is just rediculous. Below cost selling I love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

stringy wrote: »
    Tesco

Blue Moon 355ml bottles, 1.50e

8 degrees six-packs, 11.49.

I really hope tesco start stocking amber ella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

For some bonkers reason The Abbot's in Cork are selling two pints of Friar Weiss for €4.
    Also have Sharpe's cask for €2 a pint.
    Don't understand it but I'm not arguing.

For some bonkers reason The Abbot's in Cork are selling two pints of Friar Weiss for €4.

I just happen to be going to Cork today. I hope this is still on!

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I just happen to be going to Cork today. I hope this is still on!

Still on now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That's insane. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,469 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lidl - Tatra Polish lager 6.0%ABV 500ml can €1.69

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Does anyone know where I'd get small bottles of Champagne? Like pub size wine, the wife wants to get some for her sister's hen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Clareman wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I'd get small bottles of Champagne? Like pub size wine, the wife wants to get some for her sister's hen

Pretty sure M&S do them, and I think I might have seen some in the bigger Tescos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Four 500ml bottles of Tyskie for five euro in Lidl...Very good value:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

4 for €10 cans of brewdog, sierra nevada and founders in the Blackrock cellar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

dexter647 wrote: »
    Four 500ml bottles of Tyskie for five euro in Lidl...Very good value:)

I had a few of them recently again to try and convince myself its an ok cheapish beer but i just cant take to it it and its budweiser type non flavour.

Cheap though as its 1.79 a bottle in aldi i think.

That brew dog deal is good though. Nearly worth a trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There are some Blacks longnecks in Drinkstore at the minute; €1 a pop.

It ain't that bad :pac:

• Advertisement

Online you have to buy minimum 24 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

i got six bottles of a weissbeer last night in aldi,its called schofferhofer hefeweweizen,very tasty indeed.The fact that its only €1.65 for a 500ml makes it all the more tastier:) beats any wheat beer I've had before,and I've sampled plenty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Can't confirm myself as I haven't been to see it; earlier O'Hara's retweeted someone saying the 4 for €9 offer is back on in Dunnes

revz wrote: »
    Can't confirm myself as I haven't been to see it; earlier O'Hara's retweeted someone saying the 4 for €9 offer is back on in Dunnes

It sure is, plus the other usuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Purchased 24 of these & I have to say, it's a pretty reasonable pale ale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

The lidl deal for franziskaner is back on. 4 for €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

The lidl deal for franziskaner is back on. 4 for €5

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

it's 1.89 in Tesco's - just the ale. I got loads at the weekend. The IPA is the usual price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Stocked up on this altho I think I bought too much stout

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

Supervalu Blackrock has 2 for €5 and 4 for €10 deals similar to the ones back in March during the craft beer festival: O'Hara's, Bru, Youngs' Double Choc Stout, Well's Banana bread beer and the like on offer.

Also picked up a few bottles of Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen and Red Hook Audible Ale at half price, €1.50 per bottle, unrelated to the deals I think though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

got 4 cans grolsch for 5 euro, got 20 euro worth lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

GY A1 wrote: »
    got 4 cans grolsch for 5 euro, got 20 euro worth lol

You know tesco have 24 for €24 this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

You know tesco have 24 for €24 this weekend

crap a rooney didnt know, thanks will be off tesco tomoz :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Bushmills 10 Year Old for €34.99 in LIDL 9th June Special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭nu_90

Fullers Honey Dew 500ml bottles 2 for E4:50 in tesco Oranmore . best iv seen for a while , usually 3 for 7 euro. Includes All fullers range.

Also Peroni 660ml 2 for 6 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

nu_90 wrote: »
    Fullers Honey Dew 500ml bottles 2 for E4:50 in tesco Oranmore . best iv seen for a while , usually 3 for 7 euro. Includes All fullers range.

Also Peroni 660ml 2 for 6 euro
    Same price also in Dunnes Stores when you buy four bottles (4 for €9).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

4 for €9 in Tesco

Selection was rubbish in Dundrum (no idea about other stores) but O'Hara's Leann Follain/Pale Ale were included

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have Dunnes got rid of their 4 for €9 deal this week?

An File wrote: »
    Have Dunnes got rid of their 4 for €9 deal this week?

Seems to be over yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I was in Centra on Forster Street in Galway yesterday and saw they were selling (500ml) bottles of Indepedent Brewing's pale, golden and red ales for €3 a pop.

Good value, I thought, especially for the excellent pale ale which is 6% ABV and tastes, to me, like a local version of Sierra Nevada's Torpedo.

I was in Centra on Forster Street in Galway yesterday and saw they were selling (500ml) bottles of Indepedent Brewing's pale, golden and red ales for €3 a pop.

Good value, I thought, especially for the excellent pale ale which is 6% ABV and tastes, to me, like a local version of Sierra Nevada's Torpedo.

That's a pretty good deal, centra seem to have some good deals but unfortunately what one centra has another probably doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Grafenwalder weiss bier 50cl cans, 25% off in Lidl at the moment.

1.19 to 0.89.

Seen in two stores in west of Ireland, also mentioned on Boards Bargains.

Seems to be nationwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Tyskie back on 4 for €5 in Lidl, looks like 21st to the 27th being the dates of the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Lomza unpasteurised going for €1 a bottle in Whelans off licence

• Advertisement

The 4 for €9 deal is back on the usual range is Dunnes. The Fran Well beers are 4 for €8.

Advertisement