Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Glasses

Options
  • 08-12-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get my father a nice set of wine glasses for Christmas.

Have been looking at the Riedel range but am absolutely clueless.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's all down to personal taste, really.
    Riedel glasses are highly rated by wine buff, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

Hi

Riedel do some great glasses, they have a huge range including glasses specifically designed for specific wines and grapes up to wines designed for use in "official" tastings. If you Dad is a wine fan riedels for his favourite wine would be a great gift.
    Aldi used to have some decent glasses available, for whites and red if he is a "casual" wine drinker. I often go for cheaper ones as we tend to break a few...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sourgrapes

You can buy Riedel online here
    http://www.thecorkscrew.ie/riedel-wine-glasses-decanters.html

Mitchells will do Riedel too as will most good wine shops.

What I would say is that they are brilliant but they're not imbued with any special powers they just a little ceremony.

I interviewed Max Riedel last year and put a video up: http://www.sourgrapes.ie/2010/09/18/riedel-interview/

I've been using Luminarc glasses and they're every bit as good and cheaper too. their Cabernet glass is a fab, nice and big goblet.

Most department stores now have good ranges and may have the Luminarc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

The Wine Buff shops stock Schott Zweisel glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 1 felipeflop

Riedel Glasses are a good choice for those who like their wine. Pretty fancy and apparently enhances the taste. There's also a company called Spiegelau who are supposed to be up there in terms of style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Riedel can usually be gotten in the Summer sales for (relatively) great value. So I'd keep and eye out in Arnotts and BTs. Find what the man likes to drink and buy glasses in that variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm sure the OP sorted out the gift for his father for CHRISTMAS 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

felipeflop you're new around here but please note that it is frowned upon to be dragging up ancient threads. Please don't do it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement