Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

• 18-06-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Celtic. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team. A separate thread will be started for SPL discussion, so please restrict discussion here to on-topic subjects related to Celtic.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

First post!:D

MON THE HOOPS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Israeli striker linked with Celtic

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6993300,00.html

I wonder if he'll be wearing the #9 or #10 jersey next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Seems like we are scratching Kayals agents back more than anything.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Seems like we are scratching Kayals agents back more than anything.

His name does keep popping up everywhere. For every deal brokered it adds one year to Kayal's contract. Good business to me :p

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6992554,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Excellent - he must be worth about £16m considering current EPL valuations.

This came up about 3 months ago when Liverpool announced their strategy for tapping the Asian market.

Whilst he'll never be a starter when the current midfield is fit, he is still a Lawwell commercial tool and will not be sold cheaply.

If Jordan Henderson is worth 20...

Excellent - he must be worth about £16m considering current EPL valuations.

That's half an Andy Carroll in Liverpool money :p

This came up about 3 months ago when Liverpool announced their strategy for tapping the Asian market.

Whilst he'll never be a starter when the current midfield is fit, he is still a Lawwell commercial tool and will not be sold cheaply.

If Jordan Henderson is worth 20...

Ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ffs!!!

;):D

Ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ffs!!!

;):D

Dont worry, half way through Comolli speech about how he's an SPL player and not even starting for Celtic, Lawwell will slip him a slip of paper and on it will be written the revenue that Ki's registration generates for Celtic and then you'll have Comolli running out of the room to ring Dalglish or Henry.

Peter Lawwell is so tight that if you shoved a lump of coal up his arse he'd **** a diamond the next morning! :pac:

• Advertisement

Peter Lawwell is so tight that if you shoved a lump of coal up his arse he'd **** a diamond the next morning! :pac:

I have met someone a few times who's worked under him at Celtic and it's been made very clear to me how tight he is, his tightness has cost Celtic money as well.

Liverpool were actually interested in Lawell himself for a while... he'd be well capable of doing a v good job for an EPL team.

I have met someone a few times who's worked under him at Celtic and it's been made very clear to me how tight he is, his tightness has cost Celtic money as well.

Liverpool were actually interested in Lawell himself for a while... he'd be well capable of doing a v good job for an EPL team.

In fairness to Lawwell, he rejected an approach from Arsenal there 1-2 years ago and he has been a very good CEO but nobody is perfect and I though he was for a good stretch tbh

Not to sound like a broken record, his refusal to pay that little bit extra above the clubs evaluation of Steven Fletcher & James McCarthy cost us SPL's and UCL windfalls. Hindsight is an exact science but he should have trusted his manager more when they say "we need this player no matter the cost".

Think of the money wasted on Daryl Murphy's, Marc Antoine Fortunes & N'Guemos because of not trusting people that know the game. Strachan could have done a 4IAR and we'd never witnessed what Mowbray did :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Just got new season card sorted, bring on the new season.

Liverpool, Ki, £10million... Jaysis... Hell Yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

Ah a new thread..i promise to be more involved this season.
    Just booked flights to the old firm in December, just €72 return.
    Also lads whats the story with The Dublin Super Cup, where you buying tickets?

ps before anyone slags me for my 1k bet on last season, imanaged to lay it in the end so wasn't too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    Ah a new thread..i promise to be more involved this season.
    Just booked flights to the old firm in December, just €72 return.
    Also lads whats the story with The Dublin Super Cup, where you buying tickets?

ps before anyone slags me for my 1k bet on last season, imanaged to lay it in the end so wasn't too bad!
    Ticketmaster or the Celtic FC website for tickets for the Dublin Super Cup. Celtic fans will be based in the South Stand and block 510 in the south east corner has tickets available now for 30 euros on ticketmaster.

Lenny set to sign a new contract!

Now re-sign Kayal and Izzy on LONGER contracts...

First goalkeeper in La Liga to score from open play!

He'll put Samaras to shame :pac:

• Advertisement

OFFICIAL:

Lenny has signed a new deal!!!

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1180

Delight for Celtic with manager's new contract
    By: Paul Cuddihy on 20 Jun, 2011 12:33

CELTIC are delighted to announce that Neil Lennon has signed a new 12-month rolling contract with the club.

It’s fantastic news for supporters, who have been impressed with the job the Irishman has done so far, which culminated in winning the Scottish Cup last season.

Now, he and his squad are aiming for further success in the years ahead, with the SPL title the top priority for next season.

Speaking to the official Celtic website, Neil Lennon said today: "I am absolutely delighted to agree this new contract with the Club. I have had ten great years connected to Celtic and I hope to enjoy many more.

“Clearly this is down to me and I will be doing everything I possibly can to ensure we bring our fans more success.

“I have been speaking to Peter over the past few weeks and we are both delighted to move forward together. We have sat down, looked at last season and now we look ahead.

“I know that Peter and the Board's vision for the Club is the same as mine. We are absolutely together on this, we want to bring success to the Club and reward the commitment which our supporters continue to make.

“We want to provide our fans with entertaining, attacking and professional football but ultimately we aim to deliver silverware. Work begins now on striving to bring domestic trophies to Celtic Park and on having some success in Europe.

“We have already begun looking at the squad for next season. Whoever comes into the squad I know they will be joining some very talented players here who share my appetite for success.

“The players have connected with our fans, they know what Celtic means to so many people and I know they will be looking to deliver success for them this coming season.

“Indeed, I would like to record my thanks to our supporters. The backing they gave to me and the team last season was absolutely tremendous. Clearly there was a lot involved in last season and their contribution was immense.

“I said when I was appointed manager that we wanted to re-ignite Celtic Park and make it the place it should be - one of Europe's finest, most atmospheric football arenas.

“There is no question this happened. There were numerous occasions last year when the fans' unique backing played such a crucial role and I know that we can build on this for next season.

"I know that myself, the Board, my management team and all my players will be doing all we can to ensure that our fans have a team they can be proud of.”

Celtic Chairman John Reid said: "We are very pleased to be able to announce this new contract for Neil. Neil has proven himself as a football manager with great talent and someone who we are delighted to have in charge".

“For more than a decade, Neil Lennon has shown tremendous commitment and dedication to Celtic. Last season was a particularly difficult one for Neil, but he came through this period with tremendous credit.

“This is testament to his real strength of character and fortitude, qualities which I know he will use again as he aims to build on this season and bring the Club even more success.”

And Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: “We have had very positive discussions with Neil in recent weeks.

“We all know the direction we are going in, we are already planning for next season and our supporters can rest assured that Neil will receive every support from the Board as we aim to build on last season. We look ahead to the future with confidence.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

I thought they'd have given him a longer deal, 2 years at least.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I thought they'd have given him a longer deal, 2 years at least.

Yup - me too!

You another Donegal bear?!

The last manager to get a fixed term contract was a disaster and was getting paid by the club until he got another job.

Strachan was on a rolling contract and it was good for us. Lennon isnt going to jump ship on us for a desperate EPL club or championship club so this arrangement is best for Celtic.

Could we be moving Kayal on?

With the amount of cards that Kayal picks up we could do with a decent back-up for him. I hope he's not leaving permanently, it would be a massive step back for us - we'd be very fortunate to pick up a similar quality player anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Great that he is going to be here another season and probably beyond. Hoping we can build on the progress last season and win back the title now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Could we be moving Kayal on?

Hope so, he makes that midfield tick. Brown back in the middle would be glorious! :D

• Advertisement

With the amount of cards that Kayal picks up we could do with a decent back-up for him. I hope he's not leaving permanently, it would be a massive step back for us - we'd be very fortunate to pick up a similar quality player anytime soon

I've said it before on here but Kayal is the most complete midfileder I've seen playing for Celtic in the last 20+ years. I never saw enough of McStay to realise how good he was but Kayal is special.

Coyle bidding £2m for him was a joke, Celtic shouldn't even have responded to it.

If Liverpool think Ki could be worth up to £10m then I shudder to think how much Kayal is worth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement