Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalue, Cinema & Cartown all re-open in Carrick

Options
  • 02-04-2010 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Arrived yesterday in Carrick for the Easter holidays and I have to say it's full of positivity - I come down often enough to visit relations, and at long last the town has its buzziness back!

The Supervalue is back to its original location in the retail park and was absoltely packed, popped in earlier to pick up easter eggs (2 giant Kinders - yum yum!!) theres loads of re-opening offers, and it's so great to see it back in action, staff all seem really happy which is lovely.

Across the road, the cinema is also back open, I popped in for a take-out coffee and it looks fab, new decor, huge Maud's ice cream counter and other new biscotti for coffee etc, place full of welcome back cards and flowers, and happy, smiley staff, so great to see it open again.

And finally, Cartown is reopening on Saturday night, had a friend working there and its meant to be absolutely fab, live area, dj area, cocktails etc and free busses until 11.30 from the Landmark.

There's been a lot of negativity in the town that last few times I've down, what with floods, recession etc, but there seems to be a real spring in the step of everyone I have met (when its hasn't been raining that is :) ... so it's realy lovely to see positive signs like this.

Have a lovely Easter everyone!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

becah wrote: »
    And finally, Cartown is reopening on Saturday night, had a friend working there and its meant to be absolutely fab, live area, dj area, cocktails etc and free busses until 11.30 from the Landmark.
    What happens after 11.30? Is it walk home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

JHMEG wrote: »
    What happens after 11.30? Is it walk home?
    Free buses TO the club ;)

Advertisement