Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 18/08/14 *Spoilers which include SS results*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's me. Currently on 5 pages on my phone if this thread goes past 12 by the morning I'll know something worthwhile happened. Goodnight, and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so is The Miz basically Johnny Cage now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

krudler wrote: »
    He even managed to put Cena over while slagging him off. I wonder is he given free reign on his promos and just told to hit bullet points.

He has said as much re: bullet points. When he was doing promos with Cesaro however, he just kept going on about Brock beating Taker which did little to get Cesaro over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

D.Q wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's me. Currently on 5 pages on my phone if this thread goes past 12 by the morning I'll know something worthwhile happened. Goodnight, and good luck.

I stopped watching 20 minutes ago myself...
    Man, WWE just sucks these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Swaggers up next. Interested to see where it goes. The decision to have him lose last night baffled me.

Had you said a month ago he'd lose, I wouldn't have cared - Rusev was on the up and Swagger was Swagger. But the reaction he's been getting, the match he had last night and the feel good factor it could delivered to 'the Summers Biggest Party', make it seem like a ball was dropped with him.

• Advertisement

For those reading tomorrow, it went nowhere.

Cesaro was the opponent and he got a jobber enterance.
    JBL went on about how disappointed he was in Swagger.
    Swagger lost to Cesaro following an eye poke into the Neuralizer.
    Bo came out and told him he could atop being a disappointment to Americans by Bolieving.

I love Bo and it's great that he's being set up for a proper feud, but Swagger could've had a good run as a proud patriot, rather than national disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

It's nice to see Ryback get some genuine chants of support for once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Don't get the moaning. Raw's been fun.

I don't trust Mark Henry to be the people's saviour.

With tits that big, he's a shoe-in to join the authority.

Great main event so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I thought there was a difference between the options for match choice?

As far as I remember no holds barred is a normal match but with chokes etc. Falls count anywhere is a normal match but you can make the pin anywhere and no DQ is weapons etc but you have to pin in the ring? Do rules not exist anymore bah gawd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

That was one hell of a powerbomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

This is some main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wouldn't want those blocks anywhere near a construction site.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ambrose v Rollins was amazing. I'm just genuinely terrified that they are gearing towards Ambrose v Kane rather than prolonging the feud in the short-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kane's just there to be run through after Ambrose comes back from filming, I hope/pray. Perfect excuse to prolong Ambrose/Rollins 'til HiaC, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Ambrose v Rollins was amazing. I'm just genuinely terrified that they are gearing towards Ambrose v Kane rather than prolonging the feud in the short-term.

Kane is just a body to do Rollin's dirty work.

Ambrose can kick his ass on a random RAW.

Rollins getting what's coming to him is the big payoff.

Best feud in years in WWE. Both guys are becoming genuine stars. I think it was pretty significant that despite Lesnar being on the show and debuting a new title belt, Reigns supposedly getting the monster push, these guys closed the show.

And that was exactly the right decision imo.

Very good show I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Great Raw topped off with a great main event IMO. Really wish Big Show and Mark Henry were a heel team though. Their feud a coupe of years back was brilliant, they had great chemistry. here's hoping they can morph that chemistry into a great team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ded

yEDiWCA.gif

Really hope they do something memorable for his comeback.

Monster truck to the ring and attack the entire Authority.

Make it happen Vince.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feed me Seymour

Has it been mentioned across any of the wwe gadgets/programmes that Brock Lesner was the last man to hold a single world title belt before he held the new one last night. I know continuity is not something wwe do best, but I think it would help Lesner if it was alluded to. Last unified champion to hold a single belt before (Triple H was handed the big gold belt) wwe created another one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Didn't think Ambrose was off filming that quickly. Really enjoyed that though.

There's worse people than him to pair off against Brock for Rumble, especially if their long term plan is Reigns/Brock. Ambrose is the complete opposite to Cena, and it would be great seeing his "lunacy" going up against Brock. He'd lose, obviously, but that wouldn't matter at all if done right.

Have it that Ambrose is forbidden from any more matches against Seth, but knows Seth with the briefcase will eventually have to have a match against the champ, so he goes after Brock. They have the match at the Rumble which Ambrose loses. Reigns wins the Rumble.

Raw the next night, Brock goes for one more beatdown on Ambrose when his buddy Reigns comes out and helps him, setting up Brock vs Reigns officially, while also helping build a little resentment inside Ambrose at having to be saved. So when Reigns wins the title, Ambrose is there to challenge AND Rollins has the case, so we finally get the Shield Three Way Feud.

As for the show...
    No problem with them continuing Cena/Brock; a simple promo along the lines of "If I hadn't eaten an F5 early...." and the match is set. A rubber match which is closer, but Brock still wins, and thus leaves a legit story open for Cena to recover. I also thought the "I'd make Cena a Paul Heyman guy" line is a brilliant tease if they do decide to think of turning him later down the road.

The Steph/Brie stuff was weak enough but got done early, so grand.

The main event was phenomenal (even if the stipulation choice was redundant).

Thought it was a grand and fun show overall.

Following the Curb Stomp into concrete from Seth Rollins on Monday's RAW, Dean Ambrose refused medical treatment, according to a new storyline article on their website.

WWE says Ambrose suffered extensive head and spine trauma. They added that Ambrose is missing after escaping from WWE trainers. WWE's Dr. Chris Amann told the website:

"As you saw during the match with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, toward the end of the match, Dean had sustained what we thought was pretty significant head and cervical spine trauma, so as a precaution we immobilized his neck, placed him on a stretcher and removed him from the ring area and brought him backstage. At the time of bringing him backstage, he was responsive and was refusing transport to a local medical facility for further evaluation. He had removed the straps and surgical collar, said he refused to go and we haven’t seen him since."

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

"We've lost him, we have an Ambrose on the loose!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I agree with everyone, RAW was solid this week and Ambrose vs. Rollins was amazing for a main event match for RAW, when was the last time we got a great main event match on Raw? maybe CM Punk vs. John Cena from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There was no need for all the Bella segment recaps no one cares

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Rollins vs. Ambrose was great, even if the cement block thing was a little hokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hope Ambrose doesn't end up lost in Cleveland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Didn't think Ambrose was off filming that quickly. Really enjoyed that though.

There's worse people than him to pair off against Brock for Rumble, especially if their long term plan is Reigns/Brock. Ambrose is the complete opposite to Cena, and it would be great seeing his "lunacy" going up against Brock. He'd lose, obviously, but that wouldn't matter at all if done right.

Have it that Ambrose is forbidden from any more matches against Seth, but knows Seth with the briefcase will eventually have to have a match against the champ, so he goes after Brock. They have the match at the Rumble which Ambrose loses. Reigns wins the Rumble.

Raw the next night, Brock goes for one more beatdown on Ambrose when his buddy Reigns comes out and helps him, setting up Brock vs Reigns officially, while also helping build a little resentment inside Ambrose at having to be saved. So when Reigns wins the title, Ambrose is there to challenge AND Rollins has the case, so we finally get the Shield Three Way Feud.

As for the show...
    No problem with them continuing Cena/Brock; a simple promo along the lines of "If I hadn't eaten an F5 early...." and the match is set. A rubber match which is closer, but Brock still wins, and thus leaves a legit story open for Cena to recover. I also thought the "I'd make Cena a Paul Heyman guy" line is a brilliant tease if they do decide to think of turning him later down the road.

The Steph/Brie stuff was weak enough but got done early, so grand.

The main event was phenomenal (even if the stipulation choice was redundant).

Thought it was a grand and fun show overall.

Reigns winning the title at Mania is a terrible idea though, he's so vanilla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Miz in any movie that wasn't straight to DVD :p

Advertisement