Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix Suspected Leak from Inside Pipe

Options
  • 25-08-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a drain pipe for the waste from my washing machine. This pipe runs under a floor and I have a suspicion that this is leaking at some point.

This is approx a 1.25inch plastic pipe. Is there any way to seal this pipe from the inside?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Gavin1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a drain pipe for the waste from my washing machine. This pipe runs under a floor and I have a suspicion that this is leaking at some point.

This is approx a 1.25inch plastic pipe. Is there any way to seal this pipe from the inside?

Thanks in advance

Simple answer no I'm afraid.
    If its leaking the options are dig up and repair/replace or if its an easier option run in a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Your washing machine waste should be 1.5 inch and stand aprox 30" from the ground if yours is 1.25 it could be backing up and spilling over, check the waste when the machine is emptying for signs of water spilling out of the pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Depending on how long the pipe is and how many bends etc. it may be possible to run another (1") flexible pipe/hose inside the existing one. I would then make a sealed connection between the new pipe and the outlet hose to prevent back spillage. Worth a try in my opinion before digging up old one.

I see Aldi have inspection cameras on special at the moment. Would be useful for inspecting the pipe if it is not too long but hardly worth the expense unless you could find other uses for it.

Advertisement