Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nuvi 205 with French mapping issue

• 12-06-2013 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is very straightforward, so apologies.

Just purchased official garmin France, Benelux maps on SD card and inserted into the unit.

Firstly do I have to do anything to activate it or will the unit automatically check it. I'm driving down to the vendee in a couple of weeks and when we try to enter the postcode for the region 85160 it won't accept it, also won't find the town ?

Just to add to it, I'm in London and the sat nav is in cork with my wife, so I'm trying to guide her by phone !

Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It normally selects and uses all maps it can find in internal memory and on the SD card. To check if it can see the France maps, display the map on the unit and press the minus (zoom out) button a few times until you can see western Europe, then gently scroll (drag the map) with your finger so that France is in the middle of the screen, now press the plus (zoom in) button a few times and it should zoom in to that part of France. Keep zooming until you can see icons for things like filling stations, restaurants and ATMs in which case you're in business. If you zoom into a rural part of the country where there are no features, just gently drag the map sideways until you find a small town or village but if you see an icon of any kind, it means you have detailed maps for that part of the world. Basic maps show only names of towns and roads, an icon showing a local feature or a commercial service means you have detailed maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

when selecting an address, you have to change the country to France, then it will find teh french post codes

Advertisement