Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foot blisters due to astro soccer

Options
  • 21-06-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I suffer from blisters on the base of my feet and on the top of my toes due to playing astro soccer. I gather from speaking with other budding players that they do not suffer from this. I don't think that my boots are the problem - more likely the unusual shape of my toes, which I have never been able to straighten. Can anyone recommend anything to protect me from these blisters, as they are really putting me off playing a game I enjoy.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I've found using non-cotton socks or more specifically the socks that runners use to help stop blisters as my feet slip less.

You can buy them fairly cheap in most sports shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

It sounds like your boots are the problem as the same thing happened me when i wore new footy boots. I put thick insoles in them and it did the trick. for the blisters cover them with COMPEDE blister plasters as they are cushioned. or try waring 2 pairs of socks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Can you get Bodyglide or any kind of anti-chafe stuff? Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

If your boots are new, it can take a while for them to soften. Blisters while breaking-in a new pair is not uncommon. Use something like Dubbin to soften them (if leather)... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubbin

If its the case that you have had the boots a whille then it could be the case that they dont fit you properly, even though you may think they do. I have also found that certain manufacturers have different ideas when it comes to the shape of a foot.

For me I always go for adidas in astroboot and regular football boots as they seem to fit my feet well, whereas an equally reputable brand such as puma kill my feet... Could be just a case of finding the right brand/boot shape.

Try on the boot in the shop with a football sock on. May be a bit weird bringing a sock with you while trying on, but it makes the difference for fitting.

Perhaps some sort of lubricat on your foot? Vaseline or something like that? I've never really had too many ongoing issues with blisters, only when breaking in a boot, so i never really tried the vaseline option, but it may be worth a shot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I would imagine its the boots myself, the one thing that most people suffer with in ground based sports like soccer/gaa. The trick is to use more than 1 pair of socks, or buy something like spenco gel insoles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement