Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo parlour in Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pug_lover

jonski wrote: »
    Bit of a coincidence here , my wife felt the same way about Bulmans so we went in today to have a look at AllStar and came out having booked a day next week for her to get it done . The place is very clean , modern and professional and the guy we were talking to behind the counter couldn't have been more helpful , spending ages talking her through ideas and how it would be done and ball park figures . I suppose to be fair the real proof will come next week when she actually has the job done . I will post back then to say how she got on .

Edit: here is another coincidence , check out the centre spread of the Limerick Independent ...... AllStar Ink .

Thanks Jonski I'll check that out. Torn now between Ross in Allstar and Damien in Living Art... have heard very good things about both. I won't be getting it done til following week so do let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

how much does a small generic tattoo roughly cost these days.
    I haven't got one done for around 4 years, and it was a small one on the shoulder, one colour, but i want to get another one done. i know it depends on the tat, but what's an average price? €150?

BarryCreed wrote: »
    how much does a small generic tattoo roughly cost these days.
    I haven't got one done for around 4 years, and it was a small one on the shoulder, one colour, but i want to get another one done. i know it depends on the tat, but what's an average price? €150?

Very much depends on the size and the amount of detail Barry. Also can vary hugely with different Tattoo Artists. I would suggest you post in this forum as you would prob get a more accurate response. Just give them a brief description and the rough size.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=358

ta for that pug_lover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Caped Crusader

personally I wouldn't go anywhere other than Sparky or Jay in Guardian Demon tattoo shop on Broad street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Right , like I said , AllStar was her Tattoo Parlour of choice and she was booked in for last Thursday week . In she went and herself and Ross took over 3 hours putting together the design that she wanted and even then she didn't seem fully happy with it , no ones fault just a small bit of indecision . But they felt that she wasn't happy with it and didn't think it was a good idea to go ahead with it until she was . So , they sent her away for another week to have a good think about it and booked her in for last Thursday .

She spent the following week modifying the design until she was happy and went in Thursday afternoon . Once more Ross spent time with her getting it just right and off into the back we went , to my surprise it's not done with a stanley knife anymore in Limerick ...ahhh the good old days , soft ! they're all gone soft I tell thee . They have a very clean , well laid out and professional area in the back that would make people feel very confident in their abilities .

Anyway to get to the point , she was very happy with the Tattoo and very happy with the service . Will post up a pic of it when I get around to it .

I reckon they have a good future in this town and good luck to them .

I'm booked in with yer man down on broad street start of sept. mate of mine got one done with him before, so i went down a few weeks ago, talked about it, and will pop in for it start of sept. looking forward to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

pug_lover wrote: »
    Thanks Jonski I'll check that out. Torn now between Ross in Allstar and Damien in Living Art... have heard very good things about both. I won't be getting it done til following week so do let me know how you get on.
    if you havent already gotten the tattoo done yet i suggest going to ross in allstar ink, i gets all my tats done by him, top class, stay away from damien, go to ross, he was the best when he worked in living art for damien and now he has his own place and will put damien out of business:cool:

if you havent already gotten the tattoo done yet i suggest going to ross in allstar ink, i gets all my tats done by him, top class, stay away from damien, go to ross, he was the best when he worked in living art for damien and now he has his own place and will put damien out of business:cool:

Have already ahd it done...Damien did it. Excellent job, really pleased with it and he did a much better job than the one Ross did for me a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ta moko

Only when he wanted to be ;)

Anybody been to All Star Ink yet?
    I was in there enquiring and they seem really helpful and decent, very eager to draw up some custom work for me.
    I want to go back and get some pics of work and all that shabang before I commit though.

I've gotten tattooed by Fred in Danny Bullmans and to be honest I didnt like it. He was very rough with it, could feel him dragging the needle in parts. Also he messed up the colour shading, it ended up being more coloured-in than shaded.

I also got tattoed by fred in Dannys shop not impressed at all

• Advertisement

anyone got a contact number for the tattoo place on broad street. I've booked in for this Saturday (ages ago), but can't find my contact number for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Caped Crusader

BarryCreed wrote: »
    anyone got a contact number for the tattoo place on broad street. I've booked in for this Saturday (ages ago), but can't find my contact number for it...

This is their Bebo http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4730108213
    Click on the bizCard on the left. It has numbers for Sparky and Jay

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FionaDikkenberg

Hi,
    i'm looking to get a new tattoo,
    i want to get it done in either limerick or waterford, im limerick i am debating about living art of the new one, Allstar
    i have one which i got in Living art in limerick and i think its really nice, i was 16 at the time (im 20 now) and at the time they didnt take me too seriously, the artist told me 'dont ****ing move or you'll **** it up' which was a bit intimidating at a young age but at the same time it is a great tattoo. but i have heard great things about allstar
    In waterford, i am torn between JMD's and one called lady luck, I know JMds has a really long waiting list but ive heard that lady luck isnt too friendly
    could anybody who knows anything about these tattoo places give me their oppinion on the tattoo work, the price and the attitude of the staff.
    the tattoo i'm getting means a lot to me as it is v personal and has got to do with my family so it has to be perfect.
    Thanks! Fiona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭cufroige

My 2cents worth,
    I called into allstar last week to have a 'gawk' & get started with designing an idea for a tattoo I wanna get.
    Very mod, clean & I was greeted by a chap called Dale who chatted for ages to me about where to get started & taking it from there..

Very helpful & friendly, I didn't see anyone's work but I will defo be consulting with him until I have the design I want & go for it in there.

Not at all intimidating and gave me some good & honest advice.

Thumbs up on first impression!

He has the greatest tats on his arms, almost illusion like, lots of faces hidden in the design & it takes a while to see them.. besides the point, but very cool.

Anyone have any info on this Dale guy's work?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 famousjenny

There's my recommendation...being of the tattoed kind myself (none done in Limerick yet) but my next 2 will be in Dr Jay's place in John St, the man is an incredible artist, I think his speciality is in b&w work, he's great. My sis got her first one done in there by Sparky, and I have a lot of friends covered in ink and most of them recommend Dr Jay and co. Can't remember the exact address cos I often walk down there to visit the lads getting painted but surely someone on here will be more specific :) Far as I know there's a waiting list so check it soon asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

o Diablo o wrote: »
    Is Spiral on fox's bow any good?

I went there a few months ago with a friend... we're happy with the work that was done. Friendly guys, helpful with designs, clean, etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sihiding

I wouldn't.....I got one done by Ross over 2 years ago, which he rushed:mad:..... Damien had touch up..and he done an excellent job.
    I got my 2nd tattoo done by Damien a few months ago and it turned out better than I had imagined.....
    No, I'd stick with Living art....they're excellent there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

sihiding wrote: »
    I wouldn't.....I got one done by Ross over 2 years ago, which he rushed:mad:..... Damien had touch up..and he done an excellent job.
    I got my 2nd tattoo done by Damien a few months ago and it turned out better than I had imagined.....
    No, I'd stick with Living art....they're excellent there:)
    :rolleyes: hi damien. lol, maybe you need to compare the ''tattoos'' on living art's website to the work on allstar's myspace, followed by a visit to specsavers.. allstar ink FTW everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't dig up 8 year old threads, folks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement