Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheapest place to buy campag

• 31-08-2014 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

I wanna get a new set of VELOCE shifters.
    Anyone got any pointers to the cheapest online shops.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

bcmf wrote: »
    I wanna get a new set of VELOCE shifters.
    Anyone got any pointers to the cheapest online shops.

99.95 here, need to add postage.
    BIKE-COMPONENTS.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭531

LBS - after you tell them how much they are in Ribble and Bike-components.de.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

circa €88 with €12 delivery to RoI = €100 thereabouts

Merlin have them for £78 with free postage.
    On phone and can't post links.

• Advertisement

Rua_ri wrote: »
    Merlin have them for £78 with free postage.
    On phone and can't post links.
    Was there not a thing with Merlin that if you signed up for a newsletter or blog or something that you got a discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

531 wrote: »
    LBS - after you tell them how much they are in Ribble and Bike-components.de.

Yes I believe in doing this and it usually works if you show them how much you can get them for then tell them I'd rather give the money to you it gets good results, this works in most locally owned businesses not specific to bikes. The big stores don't care though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

£10 off everything in Ribble summer sale, ends 1st Sept so don't know if that includes today or not, code is SELL 10. Got mine off them during the last campag sale which seems to be a regular enough event. Delivery is free over €125 on Ribble so could be worth lumping something else onto the order.

smacl wrote: »
    £10 off everything in Ribble summer sale, ends 1st Sept so don't know if that includes today or not, code is SELL 10. Got mine off them during the last campag sale which seems to be a regular enough event. Delivery is free over €125 on Ribble so could be worth lumping something else onto the order.

wont be buying until next week at the earliest so may just wait and hope their next event is soon enough (god knows I get enough mails from them)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,514 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

At the current exchange rate of €1.27/£ pls 3% credit card "commission/fee" £76 is going to come in at only just under €100 before the postage. Given the current strength of sterling you may be better of looking for something in the eurozone

• Advertisement

yeah just found a site that seemed cheap enough but when I converted from stg to euro I got a bit of a shock. Didnt think the exchange rate was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 its.brun

is the principia bike still for sale

Advertisement