Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door handle problem

Options
  • 31-08-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

All,

The door handle to our front uPVC door comes off the door when you pull it. The vertical part which the handle and the lock sits into has become worn. It is difficult to explain it. But you can remove this vertical piece by unscrewing the two screws from the inside face. Does anyone know where I could pick up one of these vertical pieces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

James 007 wrote: »
    All,

The door handle to our front uPVC door comes off the door when you pull it. The vertical part which the handle and the lock sits into has become worn. It is difficult to explain it. But you can remove this vertical piece by unscrewing the two screws from the inside face. Does anyone know where I could pick up one of these vertical pieces.
    post some pics and we can maybe help you

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I cannot post any attachments. If you go to a company called Mila and within their PDF manual, Page 34. I think it is called the lock guard. In our case the lock guard and the handle are not integrated as one.

Is there a second hand shop place where you could pick up one of these. We do noy want to replace the whole door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

James 007 wrote: »
    All,

MILA, kilbarrack. You buy them in a set. 2 handles. About 25€.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The handle is made to suit the mechanism so you might need to bring the door mechanism with you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

The handle is made to suit the mechanism so you might need to bring the door mechanism with you
    ????

Any i've ever seen are universal with standard Euro cylinder opening. Only thing to watch is the length / colour. As Joey says, bring it with you anyway to be sure.

Its a common enough occurrence. 99% of the time, the plastic washer snaps behind the handle. Not serviceable unfortunately. And its the inner handle that goes due to frequency of the pulling action in the vast majority of cases.

Advertisement