Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inov8 trail running

Options
  • 22-08-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I have chronically bad ankle trouble. Im looking for a trail running runner that is like a boot, the inov8 talon 240. Unfortunately they dont make them anymore. Ive had a good look on line but cant source a size 7.5. They seem to have been all sold out like a lot of older inov8s at a discount.

If anyone knows a store or recollects seen a running type boot please advise.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

howlett wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have chronically bad ankle trouble. Im looking for a trail running runner that is like a boot, the inov8 talon 240. Unfortunately they dont make them anymore. Ive had a good look on line but cant source a size 7.5. They seem to have been all sold out like a lot of older inov8s at a discount.

If anyone knows a store or recollects seen a running type boot please advise.

Thanks

Is trail running a good idea considering your ankle issues?

Anyway, that aside, I recently saw a Nike boot-like runner in Tk Maxx that had Lunarlon foam and a trail sole... No idea what it was called but possibly worth investigating

• Registered Users Posts: 22 howlett

Thanks digger, I'll keep an eye out for it. The inov8's are designed particularly for trail / adventure running and the x talon 240 gets super reviews. My ankle issues are both posture and soccer related. I love running and actually trail running generally gives less problems than the road. I twisted it badly in my last ever game of soccer a month ago and retwisted it during gaelforce adventure race. After dozens of twists and damage I can usually plough on after a twist but its no fun.

I bought up most of Lidl's strappings for twists etc. this Thuursday so we will see how that goes!!

I'm going to ring around a few shops today and see if track down the inov8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

howlett wrote: »
    Thanks digger, I'll keep an eye out for it. The inov8's are designed particularly for trail / adventure running and the x talon 240 gets super reviews. My ankle issues are both posture and soccer related. I love running and actually trail running generally gives less problems than the road. I twisted it badly in my last ever game of soccer a month ago and retwisted it during gaelforce adventure race. After dozens of twists and damage I can usually plough on after a twist but its no fun.

I bought up most of Lidl's strappings for twists etc. this Thuursday so we will see how that goes!!

I'm going to ring around a few shops today and see if track down the inov8

Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for... I have a pair of x talons myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The only boot inov8 are still making is the Roclite http://www.inov-8.com/New/Global/Product-View-Roclite-286-GTX-Slate-Black-Mens-AW14.html?L=26&A=Trail&G=Male. Not as grippy as the X-Talon sole.

I saw some decent Soloman boots at the start of the year with an equally aggressive sole compared to the X-Talon. I'll see if I can find details.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Salomon do 'mid' versions of both the XA Pro and X Ultra, altough they class them as hiking rather than running shoes. I have the X Ultras, mainly use them for fast/light hiking, but have run in them. Tread pattern is pretty aggressive.

• Advertisement

The inov8 roclite above is gortex. That's a problem as there is a strong possibility in most adventure races that your feet will be submerged in water at some stage. Therefore you need foot ware needs to be breathable and can leave water flow back out etc.

Most boot type foot ware are for hiking as opposed to fell / trail running and therefore gortex.

I was hoping that some shop might still have the inov8 non gortex boots....

Thanks for the help, I'll research Salomon options....

ah hear found a 3 pairs of trail running boot type shoe ( 2 inov8's and the saucony peregrine 3) and they all have been discontinued. Feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I used to have pretty bad ankles and for trails and open mountain Inov-8 Roclite 295 are the best shoes for me. In fact I've only once gone over on my ankle in them and that was in the car park standing around.

I'm not convinced boot shoes would be better for me.

Also, trail running strengthens ankles!

Advertisement