Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Goldberg signed a Legends Contract.

• 08-03-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hypothetically, if Goldberg signed a contract similar to that of let say Lesnar, do you think the WWE would have much for him to do? Would there be many "dream matches" left to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The immediate ones that come to mind are Ryback and Batista. Other than that, there's not much left for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The immediate ones that come to mind are Ryback and Batista. Other than that, there's not much left for him.

What about Cena? I can't recall those two ever facing off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Goldberg vs Ryback would be funny, would the crowd call Ryback Goldberg and vice versa or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What about Cena? I can't recall those two ever facing off.

Don't think they did, I definitely could see them doing that if he was to ever come back, maybe Sheamus as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Goldberg is one of my favorite wrestlers ever...

I'd hate for him to come back now though...

The year he had in WWE was bad enough , they had him very much tamed down wrestling wise , doing stupid backdrops instead of more of his more innovative stuff , submissions etc

TBH i cant stand john Cena as a wrestler ,If WWE had them face off and cena beat him with that stupid FU it would be a crime...a power slam has more effect than that move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭galson

WWE is very much tamed down in itself, sadly. Oh, I miss the Attitude era...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

48 and meant little for business in 2003. I doubt he is coming back ever.
    galson wrote: »
    WWE is very much tamed down in itself, sadly. Oh, I miss the Attitude era...

???

Goldberg's WCW was a PG product.

rovert wrote: »
    48 and meant little for business in 2003. I doubt he is coming back ever.

???

Goldberg's WCW was a PG product.

He was allowed to do more in the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭savemejebus

He was allowed to do more in the ring

Betcha Bret Hart is glad of that....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

I wouldn't mind a return. The only thing I'm puzzled about is his contract type. If it was a Lesnar type deal then he would probably be used in high profile matches around the time of Summerslam and Mania. If he was only signed to a one match deal I could see something like himself vs. Y2J at a future Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement

Betcha Bret Hart is glad of that....

It was an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

It was an accident.

May have been but how many other injuries did Goldberg create in his early days...Hart spoke about it, Flair said it and Hogan said it...he's a brute at best and has limited skills...Lesnar a 2 time NCAA Div 1 winner and never responsible for injuries...
    Lesnar v Goldberg could be interesting as Lesnar could make him look a million bucks

brinty wrote: »
    May have been but how many other injuries did Goldberg create in his early days...Hart spoke about it, Flair said it and Hogan said it...he's a brute at best and has limited skills...Lesnar a 2 time NCAA Div 1 winner and never responsible for injuries...
    Lesnar v Goldberg could be interesting as Lesnar could make him look a million bucks

Yeah it was great at Wrestlemania 20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah it was great at Wrestlemania 20!

Was funny when the crowd just went into business for themselves,and a guy dressed as Hogan got more of their attention than the guys in the ring :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Hardcore Holly would probably think Lesnar was responsible for at least some injuries...

I don't think Goldberg has a place in the modern day WWE. He was a guy that really believed his own hype, and was unwilling to do a lot, put people over etc. Plus, he was unbelievably reckless in the ring. Accident or not, he ended Bret Hart's career. Bret reckons he kicked him in the head hard enough, that it'd have been the equivalent of kicking a brick out of a wall.

Was delighted when Regal went into business for himself in the ring with Goldberg, taught him a thing or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,887 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Was delighted when Regal went into business for himself in the ring with Goldberg, taught him a thing or two

Regal talks about this on Austins second podcast with him from last week. Not all stories are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Goldberg vs Lesnar, Wrestlemania 20. The match has just finished, and the referee raises Goldbergs arm... Is it just me, or is there a rib sticking out of his skin???

Regal talks about this on Austins second podcast with him from last week. Not all stories are true.

Oh! Have this podcast downloaded too -must give it a listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Goldberg vs Lesnar, Wrestlemania 20. The match has just finished, and the referee raises Goldbergs arm... Is it just me, or is there a rib sticking out of his skin???

Think it was a plaster hanging off his side if memory serves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I can't see Goldberg ever coming back on a schedule. A big match is a possibility, but is becoming more of a long shot every year. His 2003 run was so / so. That was over a decade ago. His DVD / Blu Ray sales last year exceeded sales expectations so he clearly still has an audience and a fan base who love him.

Advertisement