Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time predictor?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing as a gps watch option that, as well as showing your time and average pace, can show you your predicted finish time when you enter the distance? Maybe it's already in existence but I don't know what it's called??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RunDMC

RayCun wrote: »

The Garmin Forerunner 620 has a race predictor feature, but I would say its "optimistic" at best.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Yes but I was looking for something that could be used during a race e.g you already have time, distance and average pace on your watch but if you entered the distance of the race, you would be able to gauge your finish time, say if you picked up the pace a little. Does that make sense? Sort of like a 'time to destination, on a sat nav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

RunDMC wrote: »
    The Garmin Forerunner 620 has a race predictor feature, but I would say its "optimistic" at best.

R

Just cross posts there, thanks I'll take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Some garmin watches have a virtual partner function. You can preset a pace and at any point during your activity it will display both time and distance +/- from this pace. So if you wanted to run x km in x minutes you would put in the min/km pace. I use it all the time for offroad stuff as the pacing tends to vary a lot, if I have a specific time in mind I can see where I am against it and adjust accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

webpal wrote: »
    Yes but I was looking for something that could be used during a race e.g you already have time, distance and average pace on your watch but if you entered the distance of the race, you would be able to gauge your finish time, say if you picked up the pace a little. Does that make sense? Sort of like a 'time to destination, on a sat nav

Most GPS watches will allow you to put in a planned finish time for a set distance. It will then give you the details of the average pace you need to run at and show you feedback as to whether you are ahead or behind pace.

No running GPS devices will give you an adjusted 'arrival' time like a car satn-nav will. Pretty much all of the decent GPS watches have this race pace feature, Garmin, Polar, Suunto etc.

Advertisement