Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Microsim help

Options
  • 25-12-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if this thread is in the wrong place, but I'm talking about a sim card for an iPhone so this is the best I could do

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope santa was good to you all! I know he was to me, treated me to a shiny new iPhone!

But unfortunately that means I have to switch to a microsim card and I can't for the life of me figure out how to switch my number to it!

The microsim that I got is blank, and should be able to take my normal meteor number. I tried ringing customer care (that's what it told me to do on the leaflet) and I got a machine telling me to ring a different number. So I rang that and I got another machine that couldn't help me and said it was going to connect me to a human, but today being christmas, there was obviously no one to answer.

Was just wondering if anyone knows how to transfer my number manually, without using meteor customer care?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

If you have a Stanley blade or craft knife you can cut your old sim to size, do a search in YouTube. On my mobile so can't share a link for you but there should be loads of videos!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭electric applause

I already have the microsim and the number on it is blank waiting to be transferred, just trying to figure out how to do the transferring craic! (Preferrably wiithout the use of Stanley blades...I'd like to have all 10 fingers in 2014!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Fair enough! I'd say just wait til tomorrow and call your networks customer care and they'll sort you out no bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Afaik Meteor are the only ones who can do it. Although for me they gave me the sim in the shop and about 15 mins later my old sim stopped working and my new one was up and running.

You'll have to wait for customer care.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I already have the microsim and the number on it is blank waiting to be transferred, just trying to figure out how to do the transferring craic! (Preferrably wiithout the use of Stanley blades...I'd like to have all 10 fingers in 2014!)

If you don't want to do the manual cutting then just call customer care today to do a sim swap. Should take about 5mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭electric applause

Was online all day chatting to Customer Care. At first they took my details and said my number would have switched in ten minutes, but if not then definitely in the hour. The hour came and still no luck. I spent ages trying to connect again and got onto someone who said that actually because it was a bank holiday that it takes 2-4 hours. I don't see why these things take longer on bank holidays. She also said it would more than likely be done around the 2 hour mark, but give it a chance to at least 4 hours and if it didn't work to get back to them.

4 hours arrived and I still had no service. I went back to the website only to find customer care was closed. Ridiculous, my whole day has been taken up by them and when they still didnt work, they were offline!

Not a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

You can cut the sim down with a scissors. Would of saved all the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

What iPhone is it ? A 5 uses a NANO SIM ...not a MICRO SIM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Piliger wrote: »
    What iPhone is it ? A 5 uses a NANO SIM ...not a MICRO SIM ?

Who said it was an iPhone 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

jamesd wrote: »
    Who said it was an iPhone 5?

Not me :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement