Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to create an interactive page

Options
  • 03-11-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I need to create an interactive web page where people can type in the end of a sentence, and then have it included in a scrolling, zig zag, or irregularly moving log of all the sentences submitted to that point... this is for community art project art project meant to be fun. The sentence is "Wouldn't it be ideal if..." So, not being a computer person myself I have no idea of how this could be done, or who I would hire to do it if its to technical for my abilities. Any suggestions will be most welcome! I am imagining the words colorful and making interesting moving patterns around the page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A suggestion - You could use twitter with hashtags, then use some of the aggregator services for display purposes. So people would tweet:

#WouldntItBeIdealIf <their response>

And you would simply use the aggregators to sift up everthing with that hashtag and display on a screen - projector. You sometimes see this happening at conferences and seminars. Or just sift back through them on twitter search if you are going to do something offline and arty with them.

Some of the aggregators do quite nice visualisations too.

I remember looking them up having seen the folks on Creative Live use them during their training sessions. Can't recall any of the brands at the time but a bit of research on google should show them up relatively handy. There will be paid and free versions of most apps.

Advertisement