Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants for insulation

Options
  • 14-08-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I was just wondering if grants are still available for insulating houses. I am weighing up options of insulating either outside or inside of a solid wall.

Would there much of a price differential?( two walls as house is mid terrace)

Also could anyone direct me where I get more info on these grants if they are still available :)

Thanks
    Barr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yes there will be a price difference generally external is much more expensive but in my opinion a far superior option.

Make sure ventilation is up to scratch as well.

The grants are still going , the main thing is to go with a reputable company not necessarily the cheapest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Grants will be gone this coming budget, confirmed.
    Driving around Kilkenny you can easily spot all the houses with external insulation works completed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Yes there will be a price difference generally external is much more expensive but in my opinion a far superior option.

Make sure ventilation is up to scratch as well.

The grants are still going , the main thing is to go with a reputable company not necessarily the cheapest.

Hi Outkast , what ventilation would I need ?( would this apply to internal insulation)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnpault

shane0007 wrote: »
    Driving around Kilkenny you can easily spot all the houses with external insulation works completed.....

Just wondering, do you have some sort of proof they'll be cut?

johnpault wrote: »
    Just wondering, do you have some sort of proof they'll be cut?

I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 johnpault

I do.

Want to share this information?

johnpault wrote: »
    Want to share this information?

Sorry, I can't. If I did, I'd have to kill you sort of speak, :D, & that would be difficult on-line!

All I can say is that the grants in their current state will be 100% gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Rather than start my own thread , anyone tell me where I would find out the information on grants ??

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Advertisement