Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solar service engineer recommendation

Options
  • 21-08-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I need my solar water heating system serviced and I would like to use someone who has been recommended as being competent and trustworthy. Service should include general check up, glycol replacement, leak testing, tube testing, heat output etc, etc. I live in Dublin North-West. Thanks in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Why do you need it serviced. Have you a problem with it. Solar systems by nature a very reliable once fitted correctly. Not a lot to go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pat teehan

Hi, I think I do have a problem as the glycol pressure is down and I think I have a leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

The Leak would need to be checked out. It could be a small weep somewhere out on the Roof. You can hire a pump to refill the system but better to get someone to take a look at it.
    What part of the Country are you in, some of the lads in your area I'm sure will reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pat teehan

sky6 wrote: »
    The Leak would need to be checked out. It could be a small weep somewhere out on the Roof. You can hire a pump to refill the system but better to get someone to take a look at it.
    What part of the Country are you in, some of the lads in your area I'm sure will reply.

Hi thanks, live in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Please let me know if you can do the service and how much it will cost. How late ng have you been installing and servicing solar hot water systems. Best regards. .. Pat.

Advertisement