Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White blonde hair

• 02-02-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

scene-hair-41-330x440.jpg

how in the name of god do i get my hair that colour, im now lightest blonde or something to that effect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

I think it's just got by bleaching and bleaching. You'd want to go to a hairdresser's though, you could ruin your hair if it's not properly conditioned (though I think bleaching will damage it badly regardless).

However, think carefully about dying your hair white, your teeth will look really yellow in comparison to the bright white, even if you have quite good teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What colour is your hair naturally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

OP be careful if you decide to get this done to your hair. I had bleached white blonde streaks done in my hair for ages but I find that they dry out SOOO easily and frazzle too, it drove me demented!!! I had it done for years, now I'm trying to grow it out.

Also if you have dark hair you would have to touch up your roots quite frequently. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

No idea how it's done OP, but two of my friends had/have it and it looks amazing, I'm super jealous as my hair does not do dye :D

Both are naturally dark blonde/light brown and still find maintaining it a huge pain, so maybe reconsider if you're naturally darker? Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My sister has that colour hair but it gets so dry on her at times so she is constantly is using leave in conditioners and treatments. It does look fabulous on her when it's nice and styled.

The best thing you can do is go to a hairdresser and get them to do it for you she can also suggest different products that will help keep it healthy :) Also if you like having your hair straight try your best to straighten it using a hair dryer it might be a bit more difficult more it will stop your hair breaking and splitting at the ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

brown #2 to black is my natural colour, i'm currently lightest ash blonde

Ok i googled and youtubed my little socks right off and i've got it...

bleaching and bleaching is... Wrong!!! So bad for your hair

the majority of people use box dye

like 216832081.jpg

which is what colour my hair is now!

the use a purple shampoo (as in toner!) and the purple will neutralise the brassy or yellowy bits in the hair... and wala!

white blonde hair...

now thats what it looks like written down... I shall let you know how this actually works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

i think bleaching to pale pale yellow- like a banana- and then a really good toner (i think manic panic do a white one). and then purple shampoo.

if you can find a good hairdresser that'll give you advice it'd be worth it because i went to a guy in zeba and while i was there asked about the best (cheap) colour etc. to use to get a lighter blond and he sent me to a salon supply store with the exact numbers of the pro stuff to use and instructions on how to apply them! and it worked- went from brassy blonde/yellow to a nice whitey blonde! i used majirel by l'oreal. two shades mixed together.

hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Tayla wrote: »

Lol i was trying to find that to suggest it! Her accent is like nails on a blackboard to me though aaarrrggggghhhhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

afaik she did a red hair tutorial type thing too- could not watch it! she has nice hair though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

shinikins wrote: »
    Lol i was trying to find that to suggest it! Her accent is like nails on a blackboard to me though aaarrrggggghhhhh!!

Haha I know :)

Advertisement