Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with Iqon Battery & Charger

• 17-09-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

need to fix a laptop belonging to a mate (who bought it blind, the feckin' eejit).
    Old Iqon 8640 with no battery and no charger. Can anyone point me towards somewhere I can get something that will work? Even just the A/C adaptor to get him started would be great.

I've emailed and rang Iqon but they were no help :(

Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

How about a universal charger? plenty available on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

considered it, but i'm doing this as a favour for a mate. don't want to buy something from the net, get it and realise it doesn't fit/work. this thing wants 19.6V & 6.3A and has its own A/C interface. how will i know which one fits? I was really hoping someone here could recommend me one they *know* will work

I've got these for people before. if ya click on system requirements you can check compatibility. unfortunitely Iqon is not listed. but i'd put my money that one of the adaptors would fit.

Meets you power requirements

on the down side they are big and have a fan on the PSU.

Doesn't really fit your requirements but might be some help.

edit: link
    http://www.trust.com/products/product_detail.aspx?item=14130

kikel wrote: »
    I've got these for people before. if ya click on system requirements you can check compatibility. unfortunitely Iqon is not listed. but i'd put my money that one of the adaptors would fit.

Meets you power requirements

on the down side they are big and have a fan on the PSU.

Doesn't really fit your requirements but might be some help.

edit: link
    http://www.trust.com/products/product_detail.aspx?item=14130

looks good. how much? where can i get one? any bricks and mortar stores do them so i could bring the laptop in with me? thanks

haven't a clue, but they are available. I purchased from komplett.

If nobody can point you to a bricks and mortor store, PM me your address. I'll pop the full set of adaptors in the post to you tomorrow and you can check if any fit. Just promise to pop them back in the post. I don't use it often but i do need it every now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Maplins and Peats both do Universal power supplies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClaudiusDrusus

Do you still want the parts?

yes i still need them. do you have one that will work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClaudiusDrusus

Yes, I think i will have a charger and a battery, too. I can tell it for sure tomorrow.

perfect, thanks really great news. where about are the parts located?

• Advertisement
Advertisement