Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mature student, Grant + BTEA issues

• 01-09-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is anyone else in the same boat? I cant get my back to education allowance until I send the social welfare office a letter from the college saying I am registered, the college wont let me register until I pay €687 which is 25% of the student contribution fees ( I explained that I am waiting on susi and I dont have €687 to give them and I was told they wont register me until I pay €687) I know I will get that money back but I cant produce it from thin air and after 6 weeks of waiting and 4 phone calls, susi still hasnt got back to me about the fee grant. I was told id be waiting 3-6 weeks and today I was told 8 weeks. I am stuck in limbo. Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

FedUp 2014 wrote: »
    Is anyone else in the same boat? I cant get my back to education allowance until I send the social welfare office a letter from the college saying I am registered, the college wont let me register until I pay €687 which is 25% of the student contribution fees ( I explained that I am waiting on susi and I dont have €687 to give them and I was told they wont register me until I pay €687) I know I will get that money back but I cant produce it from thin air and after 6 weeks of waiting and 4 phone calls, susi still hasnt got back to me about the fee grant. I was told id be waiting 3-6 weeks and today I was told 8 weeks. I am stuck in limbo. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm going to AIT and I contacted the SU with the same query a few weeks ago and the said it wouldn't be a problem, if there not paid by November I would loose use of facilities and if not paid by December I would not get my Christmas exam results. Got my registration pack the other day and tuition fee and student contribution fee have already been deducted which is a puzzler because I'm still at final assessment stage, I'm not complaining! A bit unfair on your college behalf really, you've qualified for btea allowance so obviously like myself you've been unemployed for a while, we don't have spare cash lying around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Kakidd

I dont think you can get BTEA and SUSI at the same time, is either one or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭spudnick

Kakidd wrote: »
    I dont think you can get BTEA and SUSI at the same time, is either one or another.

You can't qualify for maintenance and beta. OP is applying for student contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

As a last resort, bear in mind that your college may have a Student Assistance Fund set up which you may be able to apply to for the €687 as a temporary measure until your BTEA is approved. Best get onto them sooner rather than later though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Kakidd

well, I skipped the fee part, well, I guess so you can get the fee grant, anyways, its waiting game.
    I also waiting on SUSI, course starts in 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 FedUp 2014

I rang the social welfare office they told me if I dont get that letter into them soon it will be a problem and I wont get my BTEA and I should go on the radio.... what do you say to that? I rang the college and spoke to someone in the student services office, they told me they will give me a letter saying that im pre-registered when I pay 80 euro (compulsory gym member fee) this Thursday on enrolment day. And I need to bring in proof of my susi and BTEA application. She will talk to me about the 687 euro on Thursday too. Fingers crossed the social welfare accept this letter. Otherwise i will be going on the radio or having a chat with a local TD. Thanks all for your input.

Advertisement