Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 MBP battery. Here or USA?

Options
  • 11-06-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

My 2011 13" MBP is showing about 70% design capacity now on coconut battery so I'm thinking of replacing it. I've upped the RAM and fitted an SSD so it's running like a swiss watch otherwise and I see no real reason to upgrade the whole computer.

Apple don't seem to list replacement batteries on the store any more so it may be a shop job now. I'm off to the USA in a few weeks time and wondering if there's any benefit in buying one over there, either in an Apple store or Best Buy or even Radio Shack?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

It won't be here anyway!
    Called in to CompuB and was told they won't/can't sell the battery and that it will have to be sent to their workshop in Cork to be fitted by them. One to two week turnaround and €175!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple won't sell you a genuine battery, neither here nor in the US. You have to pay the full battery service charge and have them or an AASP do it. You won't get a genuine one on Ebay or anywhere else either. All used or copies. But an Apple Store in the US should be able to do it on the spot or within a day or two. You might need to ring ahead.

Advertisement