Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mac email client

Options
  • 15-05-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Looking to set up a Gmail and Office365 account on a MacBook running OS X Yosemite. What is the best mail client to use? I was using Outlook 2011 but always had issues with it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The Built-in Mail app has always worked fine for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

+1 for Mail, it has some issues but works well and can be browsed in Time Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Is Office part of your Office 365 subscription? A new Outlook for Mac client came out at the end of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

I had been using Mac mail for years, by and large OK.
    With the advent of Yosemite, things got a bit messy on the mail front, except for their own email client.
    I got to the stage of admitting defeat pulling my other e-mail accounts from Mail and setting up their login pages in a folder in Bookmarks.
    Not as awkward as you might think, and easier on the coronary arteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I've previously used Inky. I ended up going back to the Gmail web app as it had too many flaws. I did report them so maybe in the nearly a year that has passed they've fixed them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I use airmail 2, for gmail, MS livemail and vanilla pop3/smtp/imap. Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Built in Mail client does the job for me everytime.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mail doesn't do it for me. Doesn't perform the rules or spam filtering half the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I love Mail but its IMAP engine is borked and has been for some time. Hopefully we'll see some improvement in El Capitan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I will stand by Mailbox (Beta) until either I die or it dies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Postbox

Moved from Mail due to the poor filtering options, couldn't be happier. Very powerful mail client.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

Doodee wrote: »
    Postbox

Moved from Mail due to the poor filtering options, couldn't be happier. Very powerful mail client.

I had not heard of Postbox til I read your reply. Just been reading up on it - must admit, I'm intrigued!

Advertisement