Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much for labour?

• 24-03-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

May or may not be the right section for this, but figure people here would be able to help.

We're having our garden designed by a fella and he's advised that we can save a good bit by doing all the prep work ourselves before his team come in. Myself and my wife don't really have the time or desire to do it ourselves, so may be looking to hire a few lads to come in for the job. We need to have our garden basically stripped out, old deck removed possibly some painting. In any case, just looking for a rough idea of what a reasonable daily rate is for a general handyman type person?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

80e day 9-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Thanks vinnie13. That seems quite reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

When we had our garden done, the company that did the job supplied all the labour as well, and the 3 Polish lads who cleared our garden had it all done in less than a day. I think they started at about 10am and by 4pm it was completely empty, so I wouldn't have thought you'd save that much to be honest unless it's a large garden. I've never seen such a change in such a short time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Thanks Alun, we just might come to that conclusion in the end. We haven't gotten a cost breakdown yet so not sure if there's room for savings or not. Just feeling things out at the moment.

Advertisement