Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nigerian woman loses her deportation challenge

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This post has been deleted.

Who are all of these black people that I am seeing around the place if the success rate of the Nigerian asylum seekers is so small ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Angeleyes2009

This woman was bogus from the start. First of all, there are no direct flights from Nigeria to Dublin so she would've landed in a connecting country where she should have claimed asylum but she didn't. She saw the welfare system in Ireland was a soft touch so she came here. I'm sick of looking at all these bogus 'asylum seekers' I agree there are genuine ones here who aren't having it easy but they've no-one to blame only the likes of her for any hard times they get.

These people will never integrate, it is clear to see. All they are interested in is bleeding us dry. Everyone is pregnant as far as I can see. A recession may hit but they won't go anywhere, they're here to stay.

Let's start with making an example of this case and send the message nice and clear.

Slan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

This woman was bogus from the start. First of all, there are no direct flights from Nigeria to Dublin so she would've landed in a connecting country where she should have claimed asylum but she didn't.

Hi

Read the whole thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055439489

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Who are all of these black people that I am seeing around the place if the success rate of the Nigerian asylum seekers is so small ?

You have got to be THE most ignorant person I've encountered on boards. Seriously. Are you going for an award or something?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Can't say I'll shed a tear for her when she goes. She's a manipulative scammer and as good as any of those 419ers in Nigeria. There are plenty of legit cases but her's was denied numerous times and she has resorted to tugging on the heart strings of the nation powered by a left wing PR machine to get to stay. She is trying to make a mockery of our laws.
    I'd go as far as to say if she doesn't cough up the fees she owes, the government should bring her as far as international waters put her on a raft and let her try and manipulate the ocean home, though I'd have no problem helping the unfortunate innocent kids get home.
    Plenty here know that I would support a change in the law to restrict what countries you can seek asylum in but that's a different discussion and this topic is already flying off track like any to do with asylum/immigration do. So i'll leave my piece at that.

So we got hundreds of thousands of them before 2004 but after the constitutional change, it was reduced to a trickle ? That's made me madder than ever now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

The Direct route thing has been covered.

Why can't people read a thread fully before replying?

• Advertisement

16300 to be exact, but lets not let facts stand in the way of "floodgates" type arguments.

The census doesn't mean a thing. Most of them ran and hid from the census man. I'd imagine there are at least 5,000 of them in Dublin West alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Great news! Now lets deport the rest of them ;)

The census doesn't mean a thing. Most of them ran and hid from the census man. I'd imagine there are at least 5,000 of them in Dublin West alone

Based on what? Nothing? Thought so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I imagine things too. I don't then go passing them off as facts.

Mena wrote: »
    Based on what? Nothing? Thought so.

Can you prove that there are 16,300 in the country ? Thought not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,654 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The census showed roughly 10 percent foreign nationals; now, add on about 5 percent for inaccuracies. That's it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

332 work permits granted to nigerians since records began.

133 nigerians granted refugee status up to June 2006.

Non EU immigrants on work permits are not allowed by law to any welfare benefits.The only ones eleigible are those granted refugee status.

Therefore a maximum of 133 nigerians are eligible to receive welfare benefits.

There are a stagggering 23,178 nigerians registered for social welfare benefits.
    889 nigerians have been registered with the dept. of social welfare from jan to July of this year alone,thats an average of 127 a month.

3,000 nigerians are in receipt of rent allowance which is normally paid to the unemployed.
    Extrapolations from this figure and the fact so many other illegal immigrants from nigeria are in receipt of social welfare a minimum of 100 million euroe per year is defrauded from the Irish people by nigerians.
    The figure is likely a lot higher .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd imagine you're the type of person that embarrasses the hell out of most decent thinking people every time you open your mouth, to be honest. The only good thing about it is that most people in positions of power would never for a second give any value to your point of view, so it's comforting to know that, despite all your hatred and rage, nothing you do or say will ever have any consequence.

PHEW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

tbh wrote: »
    I'd imagine you're the type of person that embarrasses the hell out of most decent thinking people every time you open your mouth, to be honest. The only good thing about it is that most people in positions of power would never for a second give any value to your point of view, so it's comforting to know that, despite all your hatred and rage, nothing you do or say will ever have any consequence.

PHEW!

Isn't there a rule against attacking another poster ? If we were all to take that attitude things would go downhill very fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

TBH, i am working in an enviroment where i am not sure my job will be there the next day.

I am also now paying an extra 1% tax, and will be paying a €200 PA parking tax, even tho my car will be in a private car park.

The dole is being reduced from what i can see, and there is now an 8 week backlog to get paid out when you sign on.

This country is in a recession in case people didnt notice, people are losing there jobs every day of the week, people are struggling to pay bills and rent. This woman has been here for four years, everyone of her appeals have failed, and now she is appealing to the high court? Where will she get the money for that from? I would imagine her legal bill at the end of this will run into tens of thousands of euro, and then we will have to pay for her flight home too?

I would much rather that money spent on trying to keep this country afloat, or put a homeless person into accomodation, or help someone out on their bills rather than see it thrown into this black hole, and watch it disapear on a case that has no hope of succeeding.

Im sorry, but good luck to her.

tbh wrote: »

PHEW!

Right on Michael D. Why don't you put a few of them up in your house if you are so passionate about them ?

This country is in a recession in case people didnt notice, people are losing there jobs every day of the week, people are struggling to pay bills and rent. This woman has been here for four years, everyone of her appeals have failed, and now she is appealing to the high court? Where will she get the money for that from? I would imagine her legal bill at the end of this will run into tens of thousands of euro, and then we will have to pay for her flight home too?

I would much rather that money spent on trying to keep this country afloat, or put a homeless person into accomodation, or help someone out on their bills rather than see it thrown into this black hole, and watch it disapear on a case that has no hope of succeeding.

Open to correction on this but I think she has been to the high court three seperate times and is now on her way to the Supreme court (in addition to the paralell action scheduled for the European court of human rights).

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,654 ✭✭✭✭walshb

TBH, i am working in an enviroment where i am not sure my job will be there the next day.

I am also now paying an extra 1% tax, and will be paying a €200 PA parking tax, even tho my car will be in a private car park.

The dole is being reduced from what i can see, and there is now an 8 week backlog to get paid out when you sign on.

Spot on. Does anyone believe these avenues would be OPEN to an Irish person. Court after court after court; all paid for by the state. This is the problem. Who the hell but us is paying for all of this. The lawyers are the real problem; they keep pushing and pushing and exploiting and defending and evading justice. All at our expense. The whole system stinks!

I don't blame that woman one bit; she is allowed all this and is using everything she can get and best of bloody luck to her. Though, this ruling today will or should set a new precedence; her costs were awarded against her I heard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

after hours really attracts the foul mouthed nerds that never really speak up in real life. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Degsy wrote: »
    332 work permits granted to nigerians since records began.

133 nigerians granted refugee status up to June 2006.

Non EU immigrants on work permits are not allowed by law to any welfare benefits.The only ones eleigible are those granted refugee status.

Therefore a maximum of 133 nigerians are eligible to receive welfare benefits.

There are a stagggering 23,178 nigerians registered for social welfare benefits.
    889 nigerians have been registered with the dept. of social welfare from jan to July of this year alone,thats an average of 127 a month.

3,000 nigerians are in receipt of rent allowance which is normally paid to the unemployed.
    Extrapolations from this figure and the fact so many other illegal immigrants from nigeria are in receipt of social welfare a minimum of 100 million euroe per year is defrauded from the Irish people by nigerians.
    The figure is likely a lot higher .

Christ and all they seem to do is have babies and take money off the state, in 10 more years this country is going to be over run with lazy, greedy, dishonest leeches, the sooner the stay that the minister for justice (I think it was McDoul at the time) is reversed and they receive the last handout from the tax payers i.e. a one way ticket back to Lagos the better for all of us and we can channel the money into services that are much need by the citizens of the state.

I think that may have changed :

http://www.irishtimes.com/

Woman to take Supreme Court deportation challenge

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0127/breaking25.htm

A Sligo-based woman who lost her latest legal challenge to her deportation this morning is to appeal her case to the Supreme Court.

etc etc

If anybody thinks this entire legal escapade will come in at a cost of 'tens of thousands' they are waaaaaaay off. Its likely to be in the millions. The cost of Bev coop flynns single action was in the millions - this one involves repeated legal rounds all that time and cost is being borne solely by the Irish taxpayer over and over again. I would be interested to know the total /overall legal bill for this characters legal adventures in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Angeleyes2009

.....yeah, and they're all in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre spending my hard earned cash with their new born babies in tow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Train wreck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement