Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nigerian woman loses her deportation challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

You just copied and pasted this from your post on the Sligo forum? Nothing more to add?

Oh and just to ruin your day, she can't yet be deported by order of the European Court of Human Rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Yes because everyone is here to scrounge:rolleyes: You seem a little too happy about this. Fair enough, the court decided she didn't have grounds to stay but i wouldn't be giving her the fingers on her way out.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

funk-you wrote: »
    Yes because everyone is here to scrounge:rolleyes: You seem a little too happy about this. Fair enough, the court decided she didn't have grounds to stay but i wouldn't be giving her the fingers on her way out.

-Funk

This.
    If someone is here to work and make their life better, fair play. Not everyone is coming here to get welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/nigerian-woman-loses-latest-deportation-challenge-1616130.html

:D:D Finally after costing Irish taxpayers millions with her bogus claims she is going to be deported, looks like the judges of this country are waking up and and sensing the mood of people in this country, Ireland is no longer a soft touch.
    The system is still a soft touch as the judges and solicitors all still getting paid and thats the worst part about this. It'd cost less to leave her here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/nigerian-woman-loses-latest-deportation-challenge-1616130.html

:D:D Finally after costing Irish taxpayers millions with her bogus claims she is going to be deported, looks like the judges of this country are waking up and and sensing the mood of people in this country, Ireland is no longer a soft touch.

Would these be the same judges who are giving bail to headcases who always seem to have been released on bail, before committing another serious crime???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Maybe she should have called herself one of the undocumented and lobbied the President.

Oh wait, that's what Irish people in the USA do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I dont think we can afford years and years of appeals (on the flimsiest of 'evidence') per bogus asylym seeker/welfare wannabe.

I think the system needs to be overhauled to streamline the process and reduce the countless flimsy appeals which go on for years and years costing an absolute fortune to Irish taxpayers.

It would only take a handful of these chancers legal fees and we would have paid for that cervical cancer screening programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Best news I've had all day. Delighted that the Nigerian scrounger is gone. She can say hello to that other chancer Ukunle when she gets home.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,016 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Judges are not supposed to take into account "the mood of people in this country". They're supposed to go by facts and evidence, which is why we have "trials" and "laws" - most of which come with set sentencing should sentencing be required.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This soft touch of a country let TOO MANY in during the boom years. The neo-liberals violently jumped down the throats of those who were against it. They said that we needed these people to keep our Celtic Tiger economy going. Now that the Celtic Tiger is over, will the neo-liberals now say that it is time for many of these people to leave ? No, they won't. The next trump card is to say that these people should stay because many of them are persecuted. That's horsesh!t in a lot of cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Ally Dick wrote: »
    This soft touch of a country let TOO MANY in during the boom years. The neo-liberals violently jumped down the throats of those who were against it. They said that we needed these people to keep our Celtic Tiger economy going. Now that the Celtic Tiger is over, will the neo-liberals now say that it is time for many of these people to leave ? No, they won't. The next trump card is to say that these people should stay because many of them are persecuted. That's horsesh!t in a lot of cases.

I love terms like neo-liberal.

So is there no persecution of people in Africa?

Ah, so the recession is all the immigrants' fault? And not that of the neo-cns in Ireland who spent ****loads more money they had combined with a ****-everyone-else attitude?

And there are no neo-liberals in Ireland. Trust me. Berlin has them, but not Dublin.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    And there are no neo-liberals in Ireland. Trust me. Berlin has them, but not Dublin.

No offence but what are you talking about ? Care to back that up with anything at all or should we just take your word for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Best news I've had all day. Delighted that the Nigerian scrounger is gone. She can say hello to that other chancer Ukunle when she gets home.

I'm far from liberal on this, and after following her case through the media I think its the right decision to send her home, I do believe she's a bluffer.

But your type of language sickens me, even if she is a bluffer I think she should be allowed some dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Would you care to elaborate on who exactly you are referring to when you say "TOO MANY" were let in.

Are you talking about Asylum Seekers? Or Economic Migrants, or foreigners in general?

Mairt wrote: »
    I'm far from liberal on this, and after following her case through the media I think its the right decision to send her home, I do believe she's a bluffer.

But your type of language sickens me, even if she is a bluffer I think she should be allowed some dignity.

Not psychic or anything . . . but . .. I think that's probably a sign of how frustrated people genuinely are at the ridiculous expense of these never ending stream of chancers and their seemingly endless legal appeals.

Morlar wrote: »
    No offence but what are you talking about ? Care to back that up with anything at all or should we just take your word for it ?

Berlin has a far stronger left-wing population by Dublin, by which I mean anarchist/punk/communist attitudes. I'd have thought it was common knowledge. I'm going by seven months living in the city, seeing them, meeting them, talking to them. It comes mainly from the city's history and a less Amercan approach to consumerism. This is, by definition, neo-liberalism.

Unless Ally Dick meant something completely different and just used the phrase "neo-liberal" because it sounded nice; in which case the confusion is his/her fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not psychic or anything . . . but . .. I think that's probably a sign of how frustrated people genuinely are at the ridiculous expense of these never ending stream of chancers and their seemingly endless legal appeals.

I understand that, and privately I have a lot of strong opinions on her but I choose not to throw it out into the public domain in that manner.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Berlin has a far stronger left-wing population by Dublin, by which I mean anarchist/punk/communist attitudes. I'd have thought it was common knowledge. I'm going by seven months living in the city, seeing them, meeting them, talking to them. It comes mainly from the city's history and a less Amercan approach to consumerism. This is, by definition, neo-liberalism.

Unless Ally Dick meant something completely different and just used the phrase "neo-liberal" because it sounded nice; in which case the confusion is his/her fault.

History lessons aside - you did say there were none in Dublin right ?

Mairt wrote: »
    I understand that, and privately I have a lot of strong opinions on her but I choose not to throw it out into the public domain in that manner.

Fair enough - I do think a lot more people are fed up on this subject than the amount of people who go to the bother of airing those opinions (for all sorts of reasons).

• Advertisement

History lessons aside - you did say there were none in Dublin right ?

how, exactly, am I supposed to grant your wish for clarification without going into history...? And most of my post was regarding the present.
    I've never seen any in Dublin, but perhaps "none" was an exaggeration. But there are very very few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Mena wrote: »
    Would you care to elaborate on who exactly you are referring to when you say "TOO MANY" were let in.

Are you talking about Asylum Seekers? Or Economic Migrants, or foreigners in general?

Probably the Bleedin fordiners.

Hopefully her kids don't have to face up to the mutilation when they go home. At least this case if anything highlighted the horrors of it. The ones who carry it out should be made eat the feckin yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Survivor. The winner gets immunity from being sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Nigeria's a big place. Can't she just go back somewhere far away from the mutilators....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LOL - a "neo-liberal" is a supporter of free market economics, anything but a fuzzy hippy lefty.
    Get your terms correct first...
    LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

Did I hear that this woman already lost a child to female gential mutilation? Not sure Id want to go home either with two other little girls to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

Nigeria's a big place. Can't she just go back somewhere far away from the mutilators....

Of course she could, Nigeria is more than twice the size of the state of California for gods sake. Thankfully she is likely to be sent back before the end of March....she still has the ECHR ruling....and that's if they even see a point in getting involved. This woman has failed EVERY single appeal......she hasn't got a hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah shur female genital mutilation http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

Tis no grounds for granting asylum at all. Bit of cold water on it afterwards and it'll be grand...
    And shur a lot of the time filthy implements are used, like bits of broken glass, twigs etc. But put a bit of Dettol on it and that'll clear up any infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Ah, then they're grand. Just a flesh wound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah shur female genital mutilation http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

Tis no grounds for granting asylum at all. Bit of cold water on it afterwards and it'll be grand...
    And shur a lot of the time filthy implements are used, like bits of broken glass, twigs etc. But put a bit of Dettol on it and that'll clear up any infection.
    That's all well and good, but there is no proof that it will happen to her children and that's why her appeal failed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement