Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the most you've ever won on a scratchcard?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

Id just love to go on Winning Streak - feckers win over 30K for doing feck all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

DubLass wrote: »
    Id just love to go on Winning Streak - feckers win over 30K for doing feck all :(

Those feckers have to endure a whole day with Derek Mooney (or whoever presents it now.) 30K is barely enough.

Those feckers have to endure a whole day with Derek Mooney (or whoever presents it now.) 30K is barely enough.

Catherine Thomas and some other unkown I do believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Kathryn Thomas is alright actually. That wouldn't be too bad, I guess.
    But Christ, Derek Mooney was headwrecking! On the rare occasion I watched a few minutes of Winning Streak I had to turn over.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

Please don't buy these ghastly scratch cards.

Go with prize bonds.

You get to keep your money and the possibility of winning a good prize.
    With interest rates so low for savers it's no harm to have a few euro in them. They cost 6.25 with minimum purchase of €4 ie €25.

12 Monthly Prize draws, 4 x €1 million, €8 x ½ Million Every Week 1 x €20k, 5 x 1k, 10 x €250 , 2,500 x €75.

I think the government should make it as easy to buy a prize bond as a lottery ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

DubLass wrote: »
    Catherine Thomas and some other unkown I do believe.

Aidan Power, the guy who presents the Café on RTE2.

Check out the typo on the autocue: typo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Prize bonds are dead money. No point whatsoever, as they lose value when the cost of living rises. I got £100 of them for my confirmation in the 90's (i reckon that'd be the equivalent of about €300 to me now). Get yourself a deposit account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

javaboy wrote: »

Heh, lol!

It'd be pretty cool to be in the audience for Winning Streak though, wouldn't you agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Heh, lol!

It'd be pretty cool to be in the audience for Winning Streak though, wouldn't you agree?

No. No I wouldn't. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

Prize bonds are dead money. No point whatsoever, as they lose value when the cost of living rises. I got £100 of them for my confirmation in the 90's (i reckon that'd be the equivalent of about €300 to me now). Get yourself a deposit account

What if you had got €100 in scratch cards?

Nobody would recommend Prize bonds as an investment however as an alternative to lottery scratch cards I think they are a much better deal.

Don't forget your prize bonds are entered into every draw so you might win something over the next 5/10/20 + years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

In the dim and distant past, a friend of mine won £1000.

javaboy wrote: »

lol, have had plenty of those in my time ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

3 stars most of the time, €25 once. My mum (ma/mother/matriarch) picked up 10k through three stars, but otherwise nothing else
    Earthhorse wrote: »

No, no it isn't. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

dfx- wrote: »
    No, no it isn't. :(

Spill the beans dfx-. I have every episode of this excellent show taped and indexed. If you let me know what date you were on I can see if I spot you in the audience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You can't make me :(

Actually, now that I think of it, it wasn't Winning Streak. So yes, Winning Streak audiences and Derek Mooney are cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

€25 ........................... oh happy days.

Advertisement