Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dosa

Options
  • 17-11-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there making dosa at home? Got any tips or tricks you want to share? I had a go last week but the batter was grainy and difficult to spread. Also I didn't use skinless urad, so it was grey. Now have idli rice and white urad, so will try another batch of batter later this week. I watched a useful video on YouTube that advised to add only small amounts of water until the rice & dal is finely ground, then add more water to loosen the batter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's a long shot that anyone here has ever made dosa. My only experience of dosa is eating masala dosa in Iyer's, Cork.
    With a good local supply, I've never even considered making my own.
    If you're ever down this way a visit to Iyer's is a must if you like dosa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

It may be grainy if you didn't soak the rice and daal long enough. Add little water at time kinda like a pancake mix so it it not too watery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

I haven't made dosa from scratch. I have made them using a prepackaged dosa mix a few times. The powder is really really fine, maybe difficult to achieve that grind at home. So this is likely to be your issue. Prepackaged dosa mix is available in asian stores and is good enough imho and gives a nice result :pac:

Advertisement