Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sauce for chicken wings

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So reduce in a saucepan for BBQ or with BBQ, Do you add to wings when baked?

It's a BBQ flavour sauce. Use it how you want - it'd work for dipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I used the air fryer to cook some wings tonight and they turned out really well :) nice and crisp (I dried the wings first with kitchen paper )

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

It's a BBQ flavour sauce. Use it how you want - it'd work for dipping

Sound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The air fryer does decent wings, definitely.

Anyone got a recipe for whiskey and chili wings (if it's not self-explanatory)?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

Bateman wrote: »
    The air fryer does decent wings, definitely.

Anyone got a recipe for whiskey and chili wings (if it's not self-explanatory)?

I assume you mean a spicy bourbon wing?

2 tablespoons butter
    1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/3 cup ketchup
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    2 tablespoon hot sauce (Frank's)
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon honey

Melt the butter, add all the other ingredients, medium heat, whisk and cook intil it starts to bubble. Add salt and pepper
    Reduce heat and stir occasionally, until it starts to thicken.

You can then do one of two things. Baste and cook on a BBQ or in the oven.

In a bag, add flour, cayenne, paprika, salt, pepper. Add the wings and shake until they are evenly coated. Spread out on a baking tray, cook in the oven, turning once and then coat in the sauce when done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mellor wrote: »
    Wings are a fatty cut to begin with. They you are tossing then in butter. And dipping then is liberal mix of sour cream, cheese and mayo.
    I honestly don't think deep frying makes a significant difference with wings tbh.
    Custardpi wrote: »
    Yeah, tis kind of like jumping from a 1000 ft high building as opposed to a 500 ft one. Either way the result isn't going to be healthy.
    Deep fat friers are not always "banned" because of the notion they are unhealthy. Some hate the smell and mess and disposing of the oil. I remember growing up loads of people had them in a garage, or outdoor "boiler house" or only used it outside. Though I am guessing that poster did have it banned for health reasons.

You can get mini deep friers which might be more a more attractive option to some.
    BrendanD wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone cooked chicken wings in an air fryer and are they good ?
    I have done them and loved them. I was a philips airfryer, which I think is a misnomer, its really a fast fan oven and I think the "fryer" tag does them no favours at all..
    Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I've had chicken thighs cooked in an air fryer, the skin wasn't crispy as far as I remember. But maybe because it was a wet marinade. Dry rub might produce a crisper skin.
    Could be the wetness but also the amount. These is a certain amount of heat given out so if you load it up the cook slower. The key to the aifryer is it can blast heat and cook before it dries out.

Advertisement