Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

career opportunities

Options
  • 16-09-2013 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Basically I would like your opinions regarding studying either maths or medicine in college. I would like to know about future job opportunities and career satisfaction. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

there will be job opportunities in both. career satisfaction is down to you, can't really give advice in that. some people are happier on 30k a year than a businessman on 100k, so find something you love, and if it makes you money then that's perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Killeenadeema

Entirely different fields so it really comes down to interest - I had a similar choice went for medicine and dropped out after one year. Then went on to study engineering and now 20 years on regret I did not go further into maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dahecall

Thing is I like both maths and science subjects equally. Also I only managed 4 As and 7 Bs in jc as I didn't put in much work. If I worked hard enough would I be able to get the high points needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Killeenadeema

What subjects have you taken - are you choosing medicine because you think you will get the points for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dahecall

I am currently doing eng Irish maths French accounting chemistry and geography. Unfortunately biology is on same time as chemistry and as that is needed for some courses I chose it. The only other science subject clashes with French and as this can be a course requirement in some courses I chose it incase I change my mind

• Advertisement
Advertisement