Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any chance i'll get rent allowance?

• 16-06-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on a WPP at the moment, getting JSA. renting at 400 a month in dublin. in two months i'll be able to prove i've been renting for 6 months, so was going to go to the CWO.

I just tried to look up how much i'd have to pay in rent after rent allowance, but now it's looking like i won't get it, cause the maximum for dublin is 390. is this for real? i mean is it set in stone?

when i saw the CWO before about getting SWA while my JSA was coming through, he asked was i looking for rent allowance and i said no, didn't know anything about it. he said once i can prove i've been renting for more than 6 months come back to him and i'd get it. so i didn't think there'd be a problem.

to go to see him again i'd have to take an afternoon off work, and it's just a big deal to do that, so just checking here first if anyone knows what the story is. thanks :)

If i thought there was a chance i'd get it earlier than 6 months, and that I'd actually get it with paying 400 a month I'd take the time and go in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

it will all depend how much you get working ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

As Im on a work placement program I get nothing but my JSA

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

can you ask your landlord to drop the rent by 10euro a month?
    you cant get rent allowance if your paying more than the max for your area and you will have to get your landlord to sign the forms for rent allowance so you need to speak to your landlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

No I cant ask that.she's just dropped it from 420. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

you dont qualify so
    maybe you should move somewhere with lower rent?

• Advertisement
Advertisement