Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mushroom ravioli

Options
  • 05-11-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

any sauce ideas for a mushroom ravioli?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Mushroom sauce :)

I love mushrooms...

But if that's too much mushroom, how about a simple sage butter?

Or a cognac and cream sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

I'd go with brown butter, maybe with some prosciutto.

Or, as already mentioned, more mushrooms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

On Masterchef Professionals last night, the skills test was making tortellini with a mushroom filling. And Monica Galetti served it with a cream and chorizo sauce. From what i could see she simply chopped up a bit of chorizo, fried it off, added cream and probably processed it in the food processor. Looked tasty, so this could work well with your tortellini (Tortellini - ravioli, all the same really as one of the contestants seems to have thought last night on the programme... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jrby

i ended up going with some more mushrooms with a brandy and cream reduction....it was very tasty.....avoca do some very nice pastas in their shop now..

got a braise vension ravioli for the weekend.

Advertisement