Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Rapid have been paid in full, rumours of 5, 10, 15, 20 percent owed when we sell him, but nothing concrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Any truth in the rumours that Everton have put a bid in for Jelavic? Just read it on a football transfer rumours page on facebook so it could all be a load of bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

They're interested and according to SSN have made a bid, what I don't believe is the fb page saying its 3m plus add ons, lol.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    They're interested and according to SSN have made a bid, what I don't believe is the fb page saying its 3m plus add ons, lol.
    Yeah that sounds like porkies! I thought I read somewhere that Everton were strapped for cash? Will be an interesting few days with transfer deadline day approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

For what it's worth I read Everton have put in an offer(no fee mentioned) but they don't have all the money now so are looking at paying some now and the rest in the summer, not sure that would suit Rangers. Also heard QPR are looking to make an offer.

RoryMac wrote: »
    For what it's worth I read Everton have put in an offer(no fee mentioned) but they don't have all the money now so are looking at paying some now and the rest in the summer, not sure that would suit Rangers. Also heard QPR are looking to make an offer.
    So that's the scenario with Everton! I don't think Rangers will accept that IMO. QPR were mentioned before as having an interest in him but that was with Warnock as manager,maybe Hughes is interested also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Seems like we did accept it...

8 million, 3,5 up front and the rest in installments.
    ****e deal, since there's no way Ally will get any money to spend from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Was Jelavic really sick or was McCoist telling lies? I think one of them has been lying.

You doubled your money on a player that didnt really want to be at the club anymore, not so bad but cant see Ally getting a penny of it. I'd say that you'll look to loan a striker. Strange that Fleck was allowed to leave as it stands (maybe there was a loan fee involved?), can he be recalled?

Seems like I was wrong, it's only a rumour on twitter.

Maybe the un-named club will come back in at the last minute with another £8m bid! :)

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Seems like I was wrong, it's only a rumour on twitter.

Apparently it's in the Times tomorrow from their Liverpool football journo, not sure that makes it any more believable regarding the fee but would be more than a Twitter rumour.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Maybe the un-named club will come back in at the last minute with another £8m bid! :)

I think it's been established that that wasn't a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I think it's been established that that wasn't a lie.

No it hasn't.

An "inquiry" is not the same as a "bid".

Have rangers paid in full for Jelavic already or do they still owe Rapid *spit* Vienna money?
    Will Rapid *spit* Vienna be due any money from a 'sell on clause'??
    They have been paid...

I read that they get 20% from any sale above the price Rangers paid, but that was from the Sunday Post who were actually guessing ('up to 25%').

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Rapid have been paid in full, rumours of 5, 10, 15, 20 percent owed when we sell him, but nothing concrete.

Jesus lads, sure didn't Whyte himself make some comments about how Rangers still owed Rapid Vienna money for Jelavic?

When did that happen ?

As for Jelavic, the papers are contradicting one another all the time now, The Times saying he's off for 3,5 million etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
    Rangers still owe Everton £1.5m from Michael Ball transfer

Surely Everton would have taken them to court or got the FA & SFA involved if they were not being paid money that was owed. Strange if true.

Aye, as if Everton (A club in dire financial need) would just let this one slip.

11 years ago, lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Quite old article but sums up the warning signs that were there that have lead Rangers being the laughing stock they are now. The bit in bold I think sums up the myth about Rangers worldwide support. They had 2/3,000 fans at their game in Australia. Compare that to Celtic's crowd last Summer.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/adam_shakes_ibrox_pillars_with_warning_of_bankruptcy_1_595808

Published on Saturday 2 February 2002 00:00
    THERE are licensed premises in Glasgow where the regular patrons will consider the recent deeds and utterances of the former Rangers director, Hugh Adam, to be nothing less than acts of treason.
    This should be regarded as a natural, almost understandable, reaction from immovably devoted supporters of the Ibrox club to the decision by Adam to unload his 59,000 shares in Rangers on the basis that they were heading towards worthlessness, thanks to the unsatisfactory business methods of the chairman, David Murray.

Almost certainly viewed as an even more heinous offence would be Adam’s claim that Celtic are run much more competently and that investment in the Parkhead club would be a much sounder proposition for anyone wishing to purchase shares in a football institution.

It would be tempting for many to dismiss Adam’s action as merely a gratuitous attack on Murray by a disillusioned, 76-year-old ex-employee carrying a grudge. But Adam has been a candid critic of the way Rangers have operated for years, ever willing to voice his unease - indeed, his incomprehension - at losses he has always insisted were unsustainable.

He also has impressive credentials, having been chairman and managing director of Rangers Development and Rangers Pools since 1971, raising the millions which built the modern Ibrox. Adam’s efforts brought the club around 18million, about 60million at today’s values.

To say that his final severance with Ibrox, after three separate terms as a director amounting to about 15 years of service, was done in a fury would be inaccurate, but in conversation this week it became evident that his decision is underpinned by unmistakable disgust.

Not given to sensationalism, this essentially conservative disciple of prudent forward planning and low-risk business principles did, however, cause something of a shock by observing almost matter-of-factly that, if Rangers continue on their present track, their ultimate destination will be bankruptcy.

"That’s the logical conclusion to a strategy that incurs serious loss year on year," said Adam. "In the past five years - and it’s all there in the last annual report - Rangers have lost 80million.

"Now, the banks are well known for being a bit more tolerant of companies whose core business is a popular pursuit like football. But there is a limit to how far backwards they can bend to accommodate you.

"David Murray has always had an amazing persuasiveness when it comes to getting people to put money into his businesses, but the signs are that those sources have dried up.

"The 40million worth of shares that ENIC (English National Investment Company) bought a few years ago are now worth about 15million, with no evidence to suggest that they will recover. The money itself, that which was actually invested, was lost some time ago.

"Now the latest investor, Dave King from South Africa, will know that his 20million shareholding is worth around half, or even less, of what it was when he bought. No proper businessman will want to buy into that kind of loss."

ADAM sold 12,000 of his 59,000 shares last year and the balance of 47,000 just recently. For the latter, he got 1.15 each; three years ago, they were valued at 3.45. He is convinced Rangers cannot trade their way out of trouble, unless they gain access to a league that will attract higher-bracket income from TV. He was in favour of the proposed Atlantic League, involving the Old Firm and clubs from Holland, Portugal and other countries, but is extremely sceptical of their chances of joining the English Premiership.

He is adamant that Rangers do not have the customer base to improve their financial standing through merchandising. "Rangers’ so-called global appeal is a myth," he said. "When I was there, we did an exercise which involved asking 50,000 fans on the database to recommend a friend or a relative abroad.

"A big response was expected - some were even talking about getting 100,000 names - because everybody in Scotland seems to know somebody abroad.

"We got back 2,800 names and three-quarters of them didn’t know they had been nominated. It’s no surprise that Celtic are officially the best-supported football club in North America, with more official clubs than anybody else. The difference is the Irish connection.

"Many Irish people may support Manchester United, Liverpool or whoever, but they all - every one of them - have an affection for Celtic. And, of course, Celtic also have a great Scottish following.

"The difference is that, while the Irish all have an allegiance to Parkhead, there are millions of Scots who not only don’t support Rangers, but actively dislike them.

"Despite the claims of international appeal, Rangers are, essentially, a West of Scotland club. They talk of supporters’ buses leaving from all parts of Scotland, but if you look closely, you’ll see there aren’t many from each area and they are not all full.

"This doesn’t mean that even Celtic will earn fortunes from emigrant supporters. There may be more of them than Rangers fans, but it doesn’t mount to the kind of income necessary to fund their ambitions. But Celtic have been, since Fergus McCann’s arrival, much the better-run club.

"Fergus was the most unjustly maligned man in the history of the game, when you consider that he took the club from bankruptcy into the mainstream and built that stadium along the way.

‘NOW, the Celtic board have more financial heavyweights than Rangers, with people like Brian Quinn, Dermot Desmond and Sir Patrick Sheehy.

"It’s only in the last couple of years that Celtic have sustained losses, but over the five-year period they break even. But Brian Quinn and his board are taking steps to warn people that they are not in the business of heading towards bankruptcy.

"For their pains - for doing their job properly - they get crucified in the media, accused of penny-pinching. I don’t understand it.

"They are determined to keep Celtic properly managed, while Rangers, with Murray, is a one-party state and the man in power has an allergy to any form of personal criticism. But he’s not a businessman in the long-term sense of planning and prudence, he’s more of an impresario.

"But what has been happening is unfair on shareholders, and they’re being short-changed.

"It’s a nonsense, too, to say that Rangers’ shareholders are all supporters who aren’t interested in dividends or profits.

"That’s okay for the man with 50 shares, framed and hung on his wall. The number of shareholders in that category would amount to a minuscule percentage of the equity.

"But I’m 76 and haven’t had a dividend in years, so what’s the point of me keeping shares until they dwindle to nothing? And I’m certain the people at ENIC won’t be too pleased with their investment."

• Advertisement

Some of it makes sense, the part about Murray for example.

But that whole part about every single person of Irish descent in the US, seriously ? :D

Some of it makes sense, the part about Murray for example.

But that whole part about every single person of Irish descent in the US, seriously ? :D

There's no comparing our support in places like North America/Australia to yours. It's the Irish dimension of Celtic, no getting away from it.

Doesn't mean that every single person of Irish descent has an affinity for Celtic, or ManU, Liverpool,...

The majority of them don't give a flying **** about soccah.

As for the 'no comparison', NARSA and NAFCSC websites (Don't know if you take them as representative) both list approximately the same amount of clubs in North-America (More RSC's in Canada).
    No idea about Australia though, I do think that there's not as much Bears there.

Doesn't mean that every single person of Irish descent has an affinity for Celtic, or ManU, Liverpool,...

Doesnt stop them from buying a jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I think its safe to say he meant people of Irish descent who follow soccer.

Some people like to distort the point to deflect, though. The point stands: Rangers do not have a big worldwide support as their pitiful attendances in Canada and Australia showed. Nothing like ours as much as the lazy press like to compare us like-for-like on everything.

There's a reason we're getting invited to a tournament in the US next Summer and they're not. We'll actually have a crowd there!

• Advertisement

Even then he has no basis for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Even then he has no basis for that.

Other than the fact it is true of course :rolleyes:

Aye, ok :D

I'm not debating the fact that you have a lot of fans both in the US and down under, but that doesn't mean that every football-loving person with Irish ancestors there loves you.
    There's no way you can prove that.

Jorge Claros has apparently signed for Hibs on loan!!!

This is the bestest transfer window ever for you guys!!!

All I'm waiting for now is the Jelavic to transfer to happen late tomorrow... in fact so late that Craig Whyte has no chance to bring in a replacement (the poor fella!). But hey, you guys will still try and blame David Murray for this!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Jorge Claros has apparently signed for Hibs on loan!!!

This is the bestest transfer window ever for you guys!!!

All I'm waiting for now is the Jelavic to transfer to happen late tomorrow... in fact so late that Craig Whyte has no chance to bring in a replacement (the poor fella!). But hey, you guys will still try and blame David Murray for this!

The club is skint and you are only just about ahead in the title race. The Rangers will rise again. Have no doubt about that.

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    The club is skint and you are only just about ahead in the title race. The Rangers will rise again. Have no doubt about that.

Come back and say that when you've settled your tax bill!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Come back and say that when you've settled your tax bill!
    There will always be a Rangers!;)

Wow, Hibs, must be some player we missed out on ;)

There will always be a Rangers!;)

Not under its current guise there won't be ;)

Not under its current guise there won't be ;)
    A new club will just start up for the fan base in Glasgow. That is if the worst happens which I doubt. You won't get rid of us that easily. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Wow, Hibs, must be some player we missed out on ;)

He probably wanted to sign for Rangers but it seems they couldn't match the financial muscle of Hibs.

He's going there on loan, it's not like they bought him.

Ortiz back to Almeria it seems, not good enough but I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

A new club will just start up for the fan base in Glasgow. That is if the worst happens which I doubt. You won't get rid of us that easily. ;)

Maybe but they wont be THE rangers will they:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Thus making Celtic the most successful club in existence in Scotland?

That'll be the only way it'll ever happen anyway ;)

• Advertisement

That'll be the only way it'll ever happen anyway ;)
    Is right. We are the club!

He's going there on loan, it's not like they bought him.

Why isn't he going on loan to Rangers then? Could be you can't afford the wages or is there something else to it.

According to SSN Rangers and Everton have agreed a fee for Jelavic. Healy will be the main man now :)

Because Rangers' future is far more uncertain than Hibs ?

There's no denying that players will look at the news and think 'What if this ends bad ?'.

You'd have to be a fool to think that the tax issue won't have an impact on players wanting to come to Rangers.

There's no denying that players will look at the news and think 'What if this ends bad ?'.

You'd have to be a fool to think that the tax issue won't have an impact on players wanting to come to Rangers.

I'm sure he would still rather go to Rangers on loan than Hibs. Worst case scenario he goes back to his old club.

Hibs are a more attractive proposition... and that's according to a Rangers fan!

Lovin' it!!!

Hibs are a more attractive proposition... and that's according to a Rangers fan!

Lovin' it!!!

You might just win the league. :eek:

But probably won't.

Lovin' it!!!

Wow, you so funny lolololololomgwtf :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Not surprising that you twist it around.

BIG interweb rumours that the Daily Record have 5 pages of stories about Craig Whyte tomorrow.

The rumours include that he's sold the next 4 years of season ticket money jst to get you through the sale of Jelavic.

If this is true, and obviously it's a huge "IF", administration could seriously be around the corner.

It's surely starting to hit home how much in trouble you guys are.

BIG interweb rumours that the Daily Record have 5 pages of stories about Craig Whyte tomorrow.

The rumours include that he's sold the next 4 years of season ticket money jst to get you through the sale of Jelavic.

If this is true, and obviously it's a huge "IF", administration could seriously be around the corner.

It's surely starting to hit home how much in trouble you guys are.
    Nah we are fine. Its lovely being this skint. :rolleyes:

Good to see you loving it though.

• Advertisement

This is something that has been claimed a long time ago, it was denied at the time and still being denied now.
    Not surprisingly they are only letting people speak out who have, in one way or another, been forcibly removed from the club by Whyte.

As for the article, it's the usual.

'It's believed', 'could be',...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement