Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of transfering to biomedical science

Options
  • 21-11-2015 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey hey everyone,

I am just wondering if there is anyone else who has transferred into this course from another science based course and been able to bypass the first year or get any exemptions? Or at least knows how that sort of thing works?

Also is it possible to work in a hospital lab with this qualification? Can you go abroad with it to work too? Sorry for all the questions but I've hit a pretty major wall with my current studies and now need to look at alternative courses.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

First, we need to know what course you are currently in in order to assess your chances of doing well in biomed. I'm in second year myself :)
    I don't think they really accept transfers. The biomed course is much more in depth than other science courses in UCC due to the CIT aspect and the pressure of being a healthcare professional. Yes, you can work in a hospital lab straight away after it.
    What course are you in yourself?
    PM me for more details, I'd be happy to have a chat with you about the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tempi

I am currently in my third year of Veterinary Medicine in Szent Istvan in Budapest and I am not sure the course is really for me. I love medicine but the distance is killing me and I am not sure I can last another 3 or so years over in Hungary.

I will send you a pm Lisa, thanks for the offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Send you a PM There :)

Advertisement