Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    When exactly did Rapid make legal threats ?

And yes, even the biggest companies will wait until the very last possible moments to pay up.

When you break a contract, you are open to legal action. Rapid were in their right to ask UEFA for a transfer embargo if they didnt get the payment. There has been plenty of late payments in football, the only ones I've ever seen public statements like this are ones that were issued with ultimatums by the club, their FA or UEFA. If it wasnt such a big deal, why did Rapid make a public statement on the matter?

No, I dont believe that companies are regularly late with repayments/contracts with specific dates and time frames for repayments. Yes they will often wait until the last possible moment make the repayment but regularly late and in breach of contract? No, I believe there is a higher rate of compliance than what you are trying to suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Dempsey wrote: »
    When you break a contract, you are open to legal action. Rapid were in their right to ask UEFA for a transfer embargo if they didnt get the payment. There has been plenty of late payments in football, the only ones I've ever seen public statements like this are ones that were issued with ultimatums by the club, their FA or UEFA. If it wasnt such a big deal, why did Rapid make a public statement on the matter?

No, I dont believe that companies are regularly late with repayments/contracts with specific dates and time frames for repayments. Yes they will often wait until the last possible moment make the repayment but regularly late and in breach of contract? No, I believe there is a higher rate of compliance than what you are trying to suggest.

You are correct in this but Rapid did not ask UEFAto do any such thing does that not tell you something
    you are talking out of your ass on everything else I have dealt with multinational companies for most of my adult working life and can assure you they will often be late with payments
    Are you so small minded you can't come into this thread and talk about football even a fellow tic fan see's exactly what you are like

You are correct in this but Rapid did not ask UEFAto do any such thing does that not tell you something
    you are talking out of your ass on everything else I have dealt with multinational companies for most of my adult working life and can assure you they will often be late with payments
    Are you so small minded you can't come into this thread and talk about football even a fellow tic fan see's exactly what you are like

I never said that Rapid asked UEFA for anything, where did I say that they did? I said it was within their right to do so and Rangers would be well aware of this when they came looking for the late payment.

Did I ever say that late payments never happen? I argue that they arent as frequent as you claim them to be when you are talking about multimillion pound deals similar to the one with Jelavic. We arent talking about current liabilities ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Rangers will most likely go into administration and be sold as a going concern to the highest bidder. In that scenario, surely the SFA will have to hand the club a points deduction, thereby handing the league to Celtic? Also, are the fans not organizing themselves to buy-out the club in such an event? If you ask me, this is a huge opportunity for the fans to reclaim their club.
    If the worst happens, a call all over should be made.

I never said that Rapid asked UEFA for anything, where did I say that they did? I said it was within their right to do so and Rangers would be well aware of this when they came looking for the late payment.

Did I ever say that late payments never happen? I argue that they arent as frequent as you claim them to be when you are talking about multimillion pound deals similar to the one with Jelavic. We arent talking about current liabilities ffs!

I said you were correct in what you said I just pointed out that Rapid had not done it.
    Please I am well aware of what we were talking about more than you it seems I will say it once again you are not able to come into this thread and talk about football it always has to be some sort of dig it really shows you up

I said you were correct in what you said I just pointed out that Rapid had not done it.
    Please I am well aware of what we were talking about more than you it seems I will say it once again you are not able to come into this thread and talk about football it always has to be some sort of dig it really shows you up

If I claimed that I have sources in the know about something rumoured to be happening at Celtic and I turned out to be wrong, I'd expect to be pulled up on it. You seem to think that you cannot be corrected on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Brilliant statement (imo) from Whyte:
    "On behalf of the board of directors at Rangers I believe it is right and proper today to inform our supporters of the true financial position of the club in the wake of the recent publicity, much of it generated with the sole intention of damaging this great football club.

"First, the board would like to make it absolutely clear that, at Ibrox, it is business as usual. The club is trading normally and has a strong balance sheet.

"The board finds it reprehensible that the law courts have been used in recent days to suggest the club is on the brink of insolvency. It is not.

"At the Court of Session yesterday during a hearing instigated by the former chief executive , Martin Bain, and his lawyers, the Judge, Lord Hodge, confirmed what has been already reported - that the club will face potentially serious consequences should the HMRC tax tribunal find against the club and recommend the imposition of an unmanageable liability.

"I discussed this very issue with journalists on Monday. At this point the club's advice from tax advisors has been that the club has a good chance of succeeding in the tribunal but it would be wholly irresponsible not to consider the potential consequences for the club should the decision be made against us.

"No-one can say with 100% certainty at this stage what the outcome will be - that is why there is a tribunal. I can say categorically that we will be fighting the club's case most vigorously.

"We at the club note that during yesterday's legal proceedings there was no mention of the fact that this potential liability from HMRC, came to the fore on the watch of the previous regime.

"As chairman, I find it breath-taking that the former chief executive, who was in post when this issue emerged, has now sought fit to seek legal protection from its potential consequences.

"Much was made in court yesterday of the club's dispute with the legal firm, Levy & McRae yet no mention was made of the fact the club had raised a complaint with the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission with regard to a potential conflict of interest.

"Levy & McRae had acted for Rangers FC on many occasions and the club felt it was inappropriate for them to subsequently act against the club on behalf of the former chief executive. That matter is now with the Law Society of Scotland.

"As I explained publicly earlier this week, Rangers FC faces challenging times ahead - as do many football clubs.

"The current costs of the club against existing and potential revenue streams make it imperative the club operates within its means. There can be very few businesses today that are not taking this outlook on life.

"This club has a great history and a great future - but we will have to work hard to achieve it. It is a great privilege to be the Chairman of Rangers Football Club and I will do everything I can to ensure our team and supporters enjoy continuing success in the future.

"The focus of all of us with Rangers at heart is this weekend's Old Firm game and I'm sure I speak for every Rangers fan in wishing Ally McCoist and the team the very best for Sunday."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It is a good statement and he has aimed squarely for the supporters although why no blame for Mr Murray? It seems like an attempt to put the tax issue at the door of Bain thereby discrediting him even further.

If I claimed that I have sources in the know about something rumoured to be happening at Celtic and I turned out to be wrong, I'd expect to be pulled up on it. You seem to think that you cannot be corrected on anything.

Sorry my source was right there was no problem to be seen just someone at the mix but as Rangers fans we have come to expect that recently. If there had been a problem the person that informed me would have said so

• Advertisement

It is a good statement and he has aimed squarely for the supporters although why no blame for Mr Murray? It seems like an attempt to put the tax issue at the door of Bain thereby discrediting him even further.

It's a good statement as you say I think Murray will be targeted though its just that Bain is being very sneaky at the moment he is in the forefront at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Back in May Whyte claimed that his advice was that Rangers definitely would win the case, now he only reckons there is a good chance. I wonder why he has backtracked, different advisers?

Back in May Whyte claimed that his advice was that Rangers definitely would win the case, now he only reckons there is a good chance. I wonder why he has backtracked, different advisers?
    To be honest I don't think his stand point has changed though I think he is wrong not many people will win there case when it comes to tax in any country. I do agree with him that it is astonishing that Bain is trying to get out of any resposabilty for it along with Murray he was the man in charge and as the saying goes "The buck stops here"

Hope we get to see this tomorrow.

e03fgi.jpg

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

See the sunshine? Its been a dull weekend thus far so maybe not :D

In case of rain then:

Steven_Davis_1400203c.jpg

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Run Craig Run :)

dtpgp.gif

In case of rain then:

Steven_Davis_1400203c.jpg

;)
    We are the team!;)

McCulloch doesn't start, awwwww :(

And it's off to the match I go ;)

convincing from rangers today, being a man down and that. We'll struggle like hell against them next week

Well that came back to bite you on the arse mate :D

• Advertisement

What a game. Great performances from Lafferty and Naismith.

Fully deserved win could have been more also though Bocanegra played well in the running for MoTM

I hope the lawyer enjoyed that pumping haha :D

Unfortunately had to miss the first 40 minutes (traffic in Dublin was murder).
    But what a second half, absolutely, totally and completely destroyed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBL0zpLe74

The guy dancing after Lafferty's goal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Unfortunately had to miss the first 40 minutes (traffic in Dublin was murder).
    But what a second half, absolutely, totally and completely destroyed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBL0zpLe74

The guy dancing after Lafferty's goal :D
    You should do an aul dance around swords in your rangers top;).You know-just for the laugh......:D.

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    You should do an aul dance around swords in your rangers top;).You know-just for the laugh......:D.

Won't be the first time I have wore my Rangers top in Dublin many times and just back from the pub here in good aul County Donegal with it on.
    I hope you are not excusing violence against Rangers fans are you ;)

Well, my mate was walking around on O'Connell Street with his Rangers top for all to see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

In fairness it's safer to wear a Rangers top around Dublin than to wear a Celtic top around parts of Glasgow and West Scotland!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Well, my mate was walking around on O'Connell Street with his Rangers top for all to see ;)

You could've had a Love Ulster march in O'Connell St today and noone would've noticed!! :)

But again congrats, Rangers were very good today!

dartbhoy wrote: »
    In fairness it's safer to wear a Rangers top around Dublin than to wear a Celtic top around parts of Glasgow and West Scotland!

Or even a Rangers top ;)

• Advertisement

Or even a Rangers top ;)
    Possibly;)

Possibly;)

To be fair mate wearing either one can get you into bother if your not careful and its pathetic that neds and morons can ruin it for everyone

To be fair mate wearing either one can get you into bother if your not careful and its pathetic that neds and morons can ruin it for everyone
    That's true Broxi. I had a situation on a bus over in Glasgow 1 time when this drunk eejit started mocking me over me wearing a Celtic top. Little did he realise that I was part of a group of 11 lads over for a game who were all on the bus with me but I happened to be the only 1 with a Celtic top on! Needless to say the situation was diffused rather quickly:D. And there was no violence used either,I'm sure he was glad just to get off at the next bus stop intact!

That's true Broxi. I had a situation on a bus over in Glasgow 1 time when this drunk eejit started mocking me over me wearing a Celtic top. Little did he realise that I was part of a group of 11 lads over for a game who were all on the bus with me but I happened to be the only 1 with a Celtic top on! Needless to say the situation was diffused rather quickly:D. And there was no violence used either,I'm sure he was glad just to get off at the next bus stop intact!
    I know what you mean mate my Son and his mate got one hell of a kicking after the 2008 UEFA cup final walking home from the pub after the game a crowd of males and females wearing Celtic tops attacked them now in my mind the only reason they were out team handed that night with Tic tops on was to look for bother

I know what you mean mate my Son and his mate got one hell of a kicking after the 2008 UEFA cup final walking home from the pub after the game a crowd of males and females wearing Celtic tops attacked them now in my mind the only reason they were out team handed that night with Tic tops on was to look for bother
    Totally ridiculous carry on,no need for it. Just after coming off facebook and there's a rumour that a 14 year old boy in Paisley wearing a Celtic jersey was stabbed to death? I've looked up the main Scottish news websites but nothing on them about this story. I hope this is a BS rumour,we don't need this kind of carry on in the name of a football game.

Totally ridiculous carry on,no need for it. Just after coming off facebook and there's a rumour that a 14 year old boy in Paisley wearing a Celtic jersey was stabbed to death? I've looked up the main Scottish news websites but nothing on them about this story. I hope this is a BS rumour,we don't need this kind of carry on in the name of a football game.
    Oh for fecks sake I hope that's not true why can't people just enjoy the game and the banter without this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Its been a 9/10/13 and 14 year old so far, stinks of bull**** and just someone trying to mix things up.

Hope I'm right.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Its been a 9/10/13 and 14 year old so far, stinks of bull**** and just someone trying to mix things up.

Hope I'm right.
    I hope your right. At this stage it must be a BS rumour,it'd surely be on the main Scottish news channels at this stage? We can do without that kind of carry on.

I hope your right. At this stage it must be a BS rumour,it'd surely be on the main Scottish news channels at this stage? We can do without that kind of carry on.
    A 15-year-old boy remains in hospital after being stabbed at a bus stop near Ibrox Stadium in Glasgow.

The teenager was attacked by a gang on Glasgow's Paisley Road West at around 12.45pm on Friday.

He was standing at the bus stop at the junction with Midlock Street when he was approached by the group of three or four people in their late teens.

An eyewitness told STV News three men ran away from the scene - which is across the road from Ibrox Library and only a few minutes walk from the home of Rangers FC - before climbing into the back of a blue people carrier, which was driven by a woman.

The boy was treated for stab wounds at Southern General Hospital where doctors described his condition as serious but stable. Police say they have yet to establish a motive for the daylight attack.

Detective Constable Mark McLennan of Strathclyde Police said: "We have no clear motive for the assault at this time, however officers are carrying out door to door inquiries and checking local CCTV to establish exactly what happened.

"The area would have been particularly busy at this time of day. Therefore, I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Paisley Road West and who witnessed the attack or saw anyone acting suspiciously to contact us."

The group is thought to have made off in a blue car, possibly a people carrier, towards Paisley Road Toll.

No mention of anything do with Celtic or Rangers.

Edit: Turns out that was friday

• Advertisement

Supposedly the rumour was started by a "fan" who set up a fake bbc twitter account.

Well done Rangers, the scoreline completely flattered Celtic. Your lads scored 5 good goals, unlucky not to get more and it was just a fluke we got the 2nd, 5-1 would have been far more representative of the match. I am still in shock at just how dominant Rangers were.

I was impressed that McCoist trusted his squad and fielded his best 11, he didn't do a Walter Smith and look to play safe by packing midfield like I thought (and hoped) he would, he took the initiave whilst Lennon tried to anticipate the Rangers plan and to counter it. That said I don't think it mattered what Lennon did today, Rangers playing like they did in the 2nd half were never going to lose that game.

Thankfully that report about a young Celtic fan been stabbed to death was b******t. Just read this article on yesterday's game,the police and politicians were very impressed with the behaviour of fans and only 15 arrests were made which must surely be some record low level. Hopefully this trend will continue. Link to article; www.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Police-and-politicians-praise-a.6838633.jp?

Thankfully that report about a young Celtic fan been stabbed to death was b******t. Just read this article on yesterday's game,the police and politicians were very impressed with the behaviour of fans and only 15 arrests were made which must surely be some record low level. Hopefully this trend will continue. Link to article; www.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Police-and-politicians-praise-a.6838633.jp?

Good to see that the arrest total was low.
    As for the chunt that started that malicious rumour do they not realise the trouble they could have caused I really do despair at times

I still can't get over how they talk about 'disorder' last season.

All that happened was two members of the coaching staff exchanging abuse, it happens all the time.
    I've seen far worse.

I still can't get over how they talk about 'disorder' last season.

All that happened was two members of the coaching staff exchanging abuse, it happens all the time.
    I've seen far worse.

If they spent more time doing something about knife crime crime in general. The fact that to many parents have rescinded there rights to be parents and the drunkenness in Scottish society it would be far more beneficial in the long term.

I am sick to the back teeth with these so called leaders in our society blaming all the troubles and woes of Scotland on Rangers and Celtic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Well done Rangers, fantastic 2nd half performance especially. Was men against bhoys 2nd half. Lafferty had a goal incorrectly disallowed yesterday which could have made the game even more comfortable. I mention this for one reason only and this is it, as sure as the grass is green, Celtic are going to get a big decision given against them playing Rangers this season and the usual conspiricists will be out in force no doubt! Yesterday highlighted once again that officials simply make mistakes. Rangers could have felt sorry for themselves, but they simply rolled up their sleeves and got on with the task in hand. I have stated many times that this is the approach you need to adopt when something goes against you and yesterday was a classic example of this.

This whole stabbing thing gets even more ridiculous the incident didn't happen last Friday it happened in 2010

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/198115-boy-15-stabbed-near-ibrox-stadium-in-glasgow/

Brewster wrote: »
    Well done Rangers, fantastic 2nd half performance especially. Was men against bhoys 2nd half. Lafferty had a goal incorrectly disallowed yesterday which could have made the game even more comfortable. I mention this for one reason only and this is it, as sure as the grass is green, Celtic are going to get a big decision given against them playing Rangers this season and the usual conspiricists will be out in force no doubt! Yesterday highlighted once again that officials simply make mistakes. Rangers could have felt sorry for themselves, but they simply rolled up their sleeves and got on with the task in hand. I have stated many times that this is the approach you need to adopt when something goes against you and yesterday was a classic example of this.
    Hopefully the conspiracy nonsense can be put to the side.

This whole stabbing thing gets even more ridiculous the incident didn't happen last Friday it happened in 2010

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/198115-boy-15-stabbed-near-ibrox-stadium-in-glasgow/

Not just that, but some twisted moron made a facebook page dedicated to someone who wasn't even murdered :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Jamie-Cameron-who-was-stabbed-to-death-for-wearing-a-celtic-top/284710428222457

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Not just that, but some twisted moron made a facebook page dedicated to someone who wasn't even murdered :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Jamie-Cameron-who-was-stabbed-to-death-for-wearing-a-celtic-top/284710428222457

Jaysis and the same clown who started the page is using it for posting up tasteless links to other groups as well :rolleyes:

He should be done for incitement by the police.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement