Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Issue/Discussion....

Options
  • 11-05-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

So I decided I wanted to take a punt on Ireland to win their three matches in the Euro 2016 group stage. As I have money in my PP account, I just logged in to place the bet.

It would seem however that with PP, they do not accept any multiple bets that contain selections of the same team. I have checked this with club teams also.

I just checked on ladbrokes site as a comparison and they will accept my bet no problem. So, is this a software issue on PP fault I wonder or do they not accept these types of bets? :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

I would say closer to the time they will have odds on 'total team points' for the group games. Just bet the over 8.5 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

It's not software. If Ireland win their first game, they're more likely to win their second and so on. The two bets are correlated. Usually very correlated bets aren't allowed in normal accumulators.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It's not software. If Ireland win their first game, they're more likely to win their second and so on. The two bets are correlated. Usually very correlated bets aren't allowed in normal accumulators.

Are you sure that counts as co-related bets ?

I would have thought something like a double on them to win their first match and to qualify from the group would count as co-related but did not think that to win 3 separate matches would count.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Yeah, that would flag as a related bet and you wouldn't be able to place it. I'd be surprised if Ladbrokes didn't void it when they noticed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭markc91

40/1 to get 9 points on 365...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

eamonnq wrote: »
    Are you sure that counts as co-related bets ?

I would have thought something like a double on them to win their first match and to qualify from the group would count as co-related but did not think that to win 3 separate matches would count.

Anything that will change the odds of another event is correlated. Winning their first game will make them more likely to win their second, so it's correlated.

It's correlated, by the way, not co-related. As in correlation. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_and_dependence

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's very rare for a top end team to even win all 3 group games, Ireland were the only team to lose all 3 games in 2012:pac:. Looking back history is as follows for 3 group wins in last 4 tournaments.

2012 - Germany

2008 - Croatia, Netherlands, Spain

2004 - No team

2000 - Portugal, Italy, Netherlands

Advertisement