Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Running Bag

Options
  • 28-10-2014 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

I recently started running and i want to run home from the office in the evenings but my biggest issue is logistics.

I bring my gear into the office with me in the morning. That evening i change into my running gear, run home and leaving all my work clothes in the office. The next day I cant run home because i need to bring my work clothes home from the previous day.

I looked online for running bags but they all looked tiny and looked like they are only used for carrying water.

Can anybody recommend a bag that would fit: a pair of shoes, shirt, pants, socks and a large winter jacket?

Also, i presume you shouldn't be running with a bag on your back or does it matter that much?

FYI i'm only running 5K home each evening and probably wont be extending it for the foreseeable future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Why do you need to bring the large winter jacket home with you every day?
    If in the office all day is there really a need for it?
    Do you have 1 you could leave in the office and 1 to have at hom?

Also, if runninghome with a backpack, the more tightly packed the better. You need it just big enough but not that stuff will bounce around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Why do you need to bring the large winter jacket home with you every day?
    If in the office all day is there really a need for it?
    Do you have 1 you could leave in the office and 1 to have at hom?

Also, if runninghome with a backpack, the more tightly packed the better. You need it just big enough but not that stuff will bounce around.

I need the large winter jacket for my walks into work, so if i run home in the evening and leave it in the office, i have no jacket to walk in with the next day.

I live in Boston it gets pretty cold here in the winters so a winter jacket is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoTheDistance

Perhaps rather than one large winter jacket you could consider two good layers to work as the winter jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Not sure of your fitness and if you could maintain a run a day, although I suppose you could just take the days "pairs"; but I "run"-mute all week alternating evenings and mornings...

Monday: Cycle/Bus in and bring big bag in in morning with food, spare clothes and shower stuff for week. Run Home.
    Tuesday: Run in. Shower and change into clothes brought in on Monday. Cycle/Bus home, bringing home any dirty clothes I have.
    Wednesday: Cycle/Bus in, bring in some fresh clothes. Run Home.
    Thursday: Run in, use clothes I brought in on Wednesday. Cycle/Bus home.
    Friday. Run in. use extra clothes from Wednesday. Cycle/Bus home with any remaining dirty gear from the week.

I use this bag when I'm running. Can't recommend it enough. It fits snugly to your back and has space for a small set of clothes and towel and maybe a small pair of shoes.
    In terms of running with a bag, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I just did Dublin Marathon and at least 95% of my training was done with that bag on my back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

Just saw this today...

I got the inov8 race pro 22 earlier this year at a discount in sportsshoes.com. I find it as comfy as a running backpack can be. Much better than one not designed for running though, even when it's full like today in the pic. I had my work shoes, clothes (trousers, underwear, shirt and jumper), light jacket and lunch bag with several small tuppers... When not full it can be tightened to avoid bouncing.

IMG_20141114_161009661.jpg

Advertisement