Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New garmins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Have to say i love the 220. Nice interface to it and smoother to use than the 410.

Only did 2 runs so far with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have to say i love the 220. Nice interface to it and smoother to use than the 410.

Only did 2 runs so far with it.
    Can you give us a link to a Garmin Connect workout?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Can you give us a link to a Garmin Connect workout?

I havent done anything like that yet with it. Just two runs but not uploaded to anything else.

Still to read the manual even:rolleyes:

I will have a look at it tonight.

I havent done anything like that yet with it. Just two runs but not uploaded to anything else.

Jaysus.. I've read the manual already and I'm not planning on getting one.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You don't have to bother now, tech support is on the case :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

I shouldn't have been so quick to diss Sweatshop , I just got a dispatch email in the past hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Degsy123

I shouldn't have been so quick to diss Sweatshop , I just got a dispatch email in the past hour :D

So did your new Garmin arrive ?

Degsy123 wrote: »
    So did your new Garmin arrive ?

It did, but only today. There was a mix up and it got lost in parcel motel for a few days. I won't get out for a trot with it for a couple of days though as I'm laid low with some kind of virus. Nice piece of kit, it seems extremely light, flimsy even but in terms of features it's a solid upgrade over the FR 110

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Getting on great with the 620,found it a bit light and flimsy too compared to the 310xt brute but I really love it,wifi uploading is a dream and the hr data is amazingly clean

gearoidol wrote: »
    Getting on great with the 620,found it a bit light and flimsy too compared to the 310xt brute but I really love it,wifi uploading is a dream and the hr data is amazingly clean
    Any Garmin Connect links, so we can take a peak?

• Advertisement

Any Garmin Connect links, so we can take a peak?

hope i have done this right ,let me know if you can see them

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/406435628

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/407848831

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/409171281

just copped it missed a nice chunk of gps going through a lightly wooded section of the parkrun just before the turn at the 2 mile mark

this would account for the 5k running 50m short i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

just copped it missed a nice chunk of gps going through a lightly wooded section of the parkrun just before the turn at the 2 mile mark

this would account for the 5k running 50m short i suppose

I'd be far from an expert but think you should work on your "Vertical Oscillation" a bit ;)

What does that even mean?

Friend of mine is heading to the US in Dec, very tempted to ask him to pick one up for me...

opus wrote: »
    I'd be far from an expert but think you should work on your "Vertical Oscillation" a bit ;)

What does that even mean?

Friend of mine is heading to the US in Dec, very tempted to ask him to pick one up for me...

yeah thanks for that coach, we will have to do abit of reading I think.

Stock in the us is supposed to be poor I think

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Why has the 610 (with HRM) gone up 20 odd quid on Amazon?

Profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

They've probably reduced the amount of discount they are offering rather than a price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

AKW wrote: »
    They've probably reduced the amount of discount they are offering rather than a price increase.

I thought you were warned not to be offering advice Akw?! ;-)

Cant wait to pick up a new model g, although I must admit my newly refurbished 305 is lookin smart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Cant wait to pick up a new model g, although I must admit my newly refurbished 305 is lookin smart!
    Are you after time shifting or something?
    Seeing as the un-refurbished one is still in my kitchen cupboard in a very battered state waiting for me to send it back under RMA? (Which I will do on Monday.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

A sparkly FR220 is on it's way to me as we speak. Auto-uploading to a new phone, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Degsy123

Quick question for anyone who ordered from sweatshop.co.uk. Did you have any problems with their website ? I am getting to the final checkout page and it doesn't seem to get any further, the watch stays in my shopping basket and no confirmation email so I guess there is a problem with the site. Anyone else come across this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

yeah thanks for that coach, we will have to do abit of reading I think.

Stock in the us is supposed to be poor I think

Sadly yes, in San Diego where my buddy is based there's nothing doing in the shops for the 620. Ah well know someone else who's heading to some conference in Vegas in Feb so might try again at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Sending back 610 for replacement for the 4th time. Hopefully 620 upgrade as I don't want another watch that will rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

My new FR 220 is going well after a couple of runs. Best feature? It syncs up to NASA's satellites faster than you can say "who let Sandra Bullock into space?"

christeb wrote: »
    My new FR 220 is going well after a couple of runs. Best feature? It syncs up to NASA's satellites faster than you can say "who let Sandra Bullock into space?"
    You mean the US department of defense/US airforce, right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

there was a discount of 30% yesterday on garmins irish site using code GARMIN30... havent checked if its there today.

Ive had the 220 for a couple of weeks now and my first impressions are good. The satellite lock is scary quick, I walked outside yesterday and once the watch was past the boot screen there was a lock, seriously impressive. It did take me a while to realise that you have to connect the watch to garmin express fit to cache the satellite data, it wont do it from garmin connect.
    The HR data seems extremely clean, haven't had any spikes or drops at all but its early days yet. The addition of the internal pedometer for a cadence readout is a nice touch and might actually prove useful apart from the ability to track treadmill runs, time will tell on that. The screen is sharp and clear and the menus are very easy to get around, decent backlight too. As with all other garmins programming workouts is no problem. I'm coming from a FR110 so id expect it to be a decent upgrade but I'm very satisfied overall.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thekooman wrote: »
    there was a discount of 30% yesterday on garmins irish site using code GARMIN30... havent checked if its there today.

Hmm, pity no-one posted yesterday! Not working today

Edit - although I see it was posted on the main deals thread and apparently has been working for a week or so, right up until today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

No it was a one day only offer.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

AKW wrote: »
    No it was a one day only offer.

Well it was posted 6 days also on hotdealsuk and apparently working up until yesterday.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/a-hefty-30-off-using-discount-code-garmin-1738893

Advertisement