Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mio link or similar

Options
  • 25-11-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the Mio Link or similar hr without chest strap and would like to comment on their experience with it? I'm getting sick of the chest strap and its ever growing list of nuisances. Plus Santa's coming soon...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

What one are you using and what kind of issues. I've had no issues with the premium Garmin one (black and gold with 3 contact areas). Regards optical HR, the technology is not good enough yet from reading many reviews of different devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

viperlogic wrote: »
    What one are you using and what kind of issues. I've had no issues with the premium Garmin one (black and gold with 3 contact areas). Regards optical HR, the technology is not good enough yet from reading many reviews of different devices.

I'm using the one that came with my TomTom. My issues are not with the actual hrm itself. I've never even seen a spike. It's more to do with incoveniences like falling off mid run on the hills and having to put it back in place under a few layers of clothing, getting a rash if I tighten it to prevent it from falling off, putting it on at home before driving to the start point or freeze while pulling up the layers in the car park, the stink of it (I have washed it several times)... I know I could leave it at home, but I could also try the mio link or the schosche rhythm+, hence my first post. I've read a good few reviews and they seem to be mixed alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

If the tom tom module is interchangeable with the Garmin strap then certainly give that a go. I've never had the issues you detail with the Garmin premium strap thou did have some rubbing issue with the older Garmin strap. I believe polar modules are interchangeable with the Garmin strap, just not sure about tom tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

I have the MIO link about 4 months now. No major problems with it.
    I got some signal drop out when running at the start if the watch was on the other wrist.
    Once I placed both watch and link on the same wrist there was no problem.
    Remembering to charge it can be a nuisance though. I would say there is approx. 10 hours use per charge.
    I connect it via Ant+ to my watch and pay no attention to the various different light signals on the strap.
    I'm just happy to have moved away from the HR strap
    Any specific questions?

redved wrote: »
    I have the MIO link about 4 months now. No major problems with it.
    I got some signal drop out when running at the start if the watch was on the other wrist.
    Once I placed both watch and link on the same wrist there was no problem.
    Remembering to charge it can be a nuisance though. I would say there is approx. 10 hours use per charge.
    I connect it via Ant+ to my watch and pay no attention to the various different light signals on the strap.
    I'm just happy to have moved away from the HR strap
    Any specific questions?
    Thanks for that! Just wanted to know it works well I suppose. My TomTom won't last 10h and have had no problems remembering to recharge it so far. Did you buy it in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

Bought it online for $99 I think.
    Here's a long run I did with it a couple of weeks ago.
    Pretty consistent throughout, I have experienced spikes if the battery is low
    http://tpks.ws/AgxI

redved wrote: »
    Bought it online for $99 I think.
    Here's a long run I did with it a couple of weeks ago.
    Pretty consistent throughout, I have experienced spikes if the battery is low
    http://tpks.ws/AgxI

Looks ok to me. I think I'm going to have to go online too.

Anyone reading this from the USA and coming home for Xmas??? :)

Advertisement