Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online game rental

Options
  • 28-12-2010 1:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any decent online game rental services that ship to/are located in Ireland.

Was using Gameclick.ie and they were great but they appear to have gone belly up. Signed up for Lidlmovies (for the time being) which is just a Screenclick affiliate and they are pretty rubbish if i'm being honest. Very poor selection and they sent me stuff that was way down my rental queue which leads me to believe they have a tiny amount of stock in their library.

So, anyone got any suggestions? Anyone know if any of the UK services will ship to Ireland, not fussed if i have to pay for postage?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

*bump for the evening crowd*

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Why do you think gameclick have gone belly up? The site is fine and I know a few forum regulars are members (and would have posted here by now if gameclick were gone).

Got an e-mail from them a short while ago saying they had ceased trading until they could find someone to take over.

Also, this appears to be the business, up for sale.

They changed the description recently and removed the name of the company for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fair enough..... thanks for clearing that up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Gamesnash coming soon ;)

• Advertisement

Gamesnash coming soon ;)

Come again?

Keep an eye out in the Gamesnash talk to forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Thanks for letting me know that gameclick is shutting down. I have been using their service for a while now and i thought they were the best.

I still have alan wake with me. I better return it and close my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Are we sure gameclick is going, nothing on their site and I never recieved any e-mail.

Just had a look for gamesenders and their website is gone, maybe it could be those. They did have a crap service.

This is the e-mail i was sent on 15/12/10:

Hi ******,

Another company will be taking over the operation of the Gameclick website. The transfer will, all going well take place in the coming weeks. We will not be taking any further monthly subscriptions on the site from new or existing members because as there will be new owners everyone will be asked to re-register in January. You will be notified by email of account cancellation once the 1 remaining game you have on rent has been returned. We hope that you will choose to rejoin under the new ownership when contacted by email in January. There will likely be a Free Rental period for those re-registering as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience of the changeover.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued membership and support up until now. I also hope you will continue to enjoy Gameclick in 2011.

Note: Only your contact details will be transferred to the new owners, all payment details, addresses etc will be purged. If you do not wish to be contacted by the new Gameclick owners then let us know.

Regards,

Gameclick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Thats odd. I didnt get any email from gameclick. I have been a member of their site for a while now. Wonder why they send you that email but not to me ?

Presumably you still have a game out or your next monthly charge is not yet due ?

Just as a test, i tried creating a new account on the site.

Keeps bumping me back to the homepage when i submit my details. My own account still lets me log in as usual though and build queues etc. :confused:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I can confirm that the owners of Gameclick are in the process of transferring operations of their site. At this point it's 99% signed off that the transfer will be to ourselves at Gamesnash. (I wouldn't be posting this if I expected it to be anyone else) We expect to be making a full announcement about this early in the new year and relaunching the site fully by the end of January although it will hopefully be a good bit sooner than that.

Because current customers / subscribers have undertaken to subscribe to a service operated by Gameclick it's unfortunately not as simple as Gameclick handing the keys over to a new operator. All current accounts therefore would have to be closed with new accounts created once the transfer has gone through.

My understanding is that Gameclick have decided to begin the process of cancelling customer accounts on a phased basis but all queries would need to be directed to themselves on this as I can't speak for them.

As was mentioned above keep an eye out in our Talk To forum for a full announcement in the new year. :)

Great news. I look forward to giving you my money :D

Advertisement