Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peggle Addicts! Win Prizes From eSports.ie & Popcap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smithy1981

My best so far

score1z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

delly wrote: »
    Score was done with powerups. TBH it was the first post that referenced 'any character' that made me think they were ok, as the only time the powerups dont appear is the first time you load it up and playing with Bjorn.

I'm reluctant to uninstall as I have the full game complete with score records etc. I would think it easier to allow the powerups as there is no real way to verify, but I don't make the rules and thats up to the OP.

/EDIT just saw Sabre0001's post above, happy days!
    Does anyone know if there are extra power-ups in the full game that is not in the demo, that are available in the 1st three levels?

Aside from each characters "special powers" (pyramid box, physic bounce, and multi-ball), and the blue, orange, and purple pegs?

If there isn't, I don't see why you'd have to uninstall...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

the_syco wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are extra power-ups in the full game that is not in the demo, that are available in the 1st three levels?

Aside from each characters "special powers" (pyramid box, physic bounce, and multi-ball), and the blue, orange, and purple pegs?

No, thats all there is. I was saying about uninstalling before I read the first three powerups are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

hiscore.jpg

2nd Overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

the_syco wrote: »

I have other power-ups available other then the three you mentioned. And my score was set with one of these others as well....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

flynner13 wrote: »
    hiscore.jpg

2nd Overall?
    What the.. Was this even done with the PC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Lister1 wrote: »
    I have other power-ups available other then the three you mentioned. And my score was set with one of these others as well....

You can only use the three starting characters - i.e. No rabbit with his triple score powerup.
    hiscore.jpg

2nd Overall?

Have to agree with the above post. Peggleland?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The Rabbit is a scumbag

Gives you triple score, or the owl with his zen shot that hits everything.

I've no doubt anyone with the full game will have a higher score, but there is no way to determine with which copy (demo/full) the screens were taken

I tried yesterday, couldnt get over 400k, so I'm leaving it,,,gets frustrating :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Folks, a high score is possible with the beaver free balls, but you have to be lucky.

With my above high score I hit both green pegs on ball one, and also got 2 of the 3 balls back in the pot, that alone gave be an extra 100,000.

Booyah! Back on top baby. I've also saved the final ball replay if needed.

55927490.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Folks, a high score is possible with the beaver free balls, but you have to be lucky.

With my above high score I hit both green pegs on ball one, and also got 2 of the 3 balls back in the pot, that alone gave be an extra 100,000.

I think that to get a good score (500k+) then you need to do as delly said (hit green peg and get both balls back into the pot) and clear all the balls. This will give you an extra 200K on top of your usual score.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

hiscore.jpg

2nd Overall?

Sorry I didnt take a screen shot as soon as I got the score... heres the full picture...

Peggleland is the name of the First Level...

fsscore.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

There was me trying to beat the score without the green or purple pegs.
    I got 320k, which wasnt bad considering.

Back to the drawing board tonight!

Very nice score Delly. I will have to revise my tactics as I was using a powerup that was outside the three available(altough as I said before there is no way of verifying what powerup was used as it not visible when the screen shot is taken).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks flynner! Good work delly. Both of the score and keeping the replay in case there is any controversy. Might be worth doing for all players if your score is in the right direction!

🤪

Thanks folks.

Another tip which I learnt from that final ball replay is that if you manage to hit the purple peg after the final orange peg, you get an extra 100k.

Thanks folks.

Another tip which I learnt from that final ball replay is that if you manage to hit the purple peg after the final orange peg, you get an extra 100k.

I think its 10k you get. I'm hitting around the 600k mark max with little scope to improve. I think someone would need to get both freeball frenzies to beat Delly's score.

692k.jpg

692k. Gutted I didn't beat the 700k mark as I should have...

Edit: And using the multi-ball chap this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Man.. I suck.

370K is best I could do. I give up! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm 634k is still a wee bit behind. Does the IPod touch version count, since that is my platform of choice at the mo for Peggle?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

dunno if 602k puts me in 3rd or not but hopefully it does :P (havnt looked through scores :/ )

k, new one that will hopefully put me in top 3 :D

have replay too ..

657ovn.th.jpg

Lister1 wrote: »
    I think its 10k you get. I'm hitting around the 600k mark max with little scope to improve. I think someone would need to get both freeball frenzies to beat Delly's score.

Yeah, you right there. I replayed it and with so many pegs being hit, it was hard to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

740370.th.jpg

Number 1! Woo...for the time being...

BJC wrote: »
    740370.th.jpg

jesus.. back to the drawing board for me... despite having spent about 5 FUKCING HOURS playing last night to get that 3rd place score :P

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

740370.th.jpg

Holy Sh!t, how did you manage that?
    Specially only getting 75,000 style points :pac:
    Surely you should have gotten Orange attack more than once for completing it in 5 shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Holy Sh!t, how did you manage that?
    Specially only getting 75,000 style points :pac:
    Surely you should have gotten Orange attack more than once for completing it in 5 shots?

A huge consecutive string of shot points. Hit the green peg twice in the first shot with spooky ball, meaning four balls adding up to one series of points leading to about an extra 100,000 fever points. 11 balls at the end gave me another 110,000 and I landed it right in the 100,000 basket. Only took about 8 hours of my life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

My entry*

peggle_1-1_resize.jpg

*Just to let you know, you can google other peoples high scores easilly, this is one of the lower ones i found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Good job newb, that's the xbox 360 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smithy1981

A huge consecutive string of shot points. Hit the green peg twice in the first shot with spooky ball, meaning four balls adding up to one series of points leading to about an extra 100,000 fever points. 11 balls at the end gave me another 110,000 and I landed it right in the 100,000 basket. Only took about 8 hours of my life...

Are we allowed use spooky ball? Thought it was just the first 3 chars?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement