Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deepening your Voice

Options
  • 01-08-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know it's a bizarre request, but does anyone have any tips which may deepen the voice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Years ago saw a show where a speech therapist helped people do it.

Trying anything yourself would probably sound forced and end up being ridiculed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Do you mind if I ask why?
    And what age are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

lose your virginity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

philstar wrote: »
    lose your virginity

play nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

As another poster said, we need to know how old you are. Traditionally puberty is the point at which the voice deepens, sometimes very suddenly and dramatically, but often, as was my case, dragging on for some years into my late teens with just a very slow and gradual decrease in tone. If it's any consolation I have (so I am told) a very deep voice now, so the fact that it took so long hasn't had any 'detrimental' effect.

The same thing can also happen with beard growth. Some guys almost wake up one from morning to the next looking like wolf man jack, others go on for years with just what my mother called "bum fluff" and don't begin shaving properly until quite late in life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement