Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Crew

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Hello folks just an enquiry.

My wife does a bit of walking (she keeps coming back) and last week went up to Lough Crew to do a route but there was a fence put up on the route mapped out (by someone else).

Is there an actual walk you can do to take in the whole area around the cairn? She liked the area and would like to go back.

I have driven through the royal county many times and there is some magnificent countryside for walking. Having just come come back from Scotland I spoke to a number of people there who said the promotion of historical looped walks from between 3km to 25km or 2 to 6 or 7 hours walks has seriously boosted tourism in some villages so Im thinking hill of Tara and other sites, around Navan, Trim, Kells etc. What do you think? Would it work in Meath?

Advertisement