Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find mace

Options
  • 31-10-2014 11:41am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The usual spice jars in tesco/supervalu don't have mace among them. I got some in a mulling mix last year and it was a lovely alternative to nutmeg in the blend (giving a pleasing reddish tinge to the cider). As I make my own mulling syrup, i'd like to find out where to get mace, as I think it would make it look more lovely (the ground nutmeg gives it a bit of a murky look)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Try an Asian store, that's where I got mine. Much cheaper than the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I bought some in the Asian shop on Drury Street last week. Its a bit more pricey than other spices. I think it was about €5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

There used to be loads of them around in the 80's however they've disappeared now. I think they're costcutters now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

If you're based in Dublin, I got a box of it in Fallon & Byrne last year, pretty sure they stocked it when I was last there.

A little goes a long way, beware!

Advertisement