Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Music Video Needed

Options
  • 16-04-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hello All!

I'm in a band called S.I.L. we've just finished mastering our debut album and we really want to get some presence on YouTube for our single.

We have a pretty limited budget as we're totally smashed from the album production and duplication costs so just wondering if anyone is interested in helping out for free? Of course we will supply tea, coffee, even sandwiches for the hardworking director, and a healthy does of good karma too! :)

The website is www.silmusic.com and it has the song we are looking to get a video for, Broken Glass on the homepage.

Any help, comments, ideas, much appreciated!! :)

You are all very sound!

Cheers
    Fusion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Don't look for a videographer - look for a director.

Someone who has a bit of style and vision. A videographer is just someone who will film you playing and that's it.

Personally I think the term videographer donates someone who will record something as it happens but with very little style or flair. All you'll get is a bog-standard performance video if you look for a videographer.

Great videos can be made with little money but you should consider throwing a bit of money into light rental etc. to make your video look decent and make it stand-out. That's where your director will come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Cheers man! Yeah that makes sense, we do want someone with a few ideas alright, and in terms of light hire and materials, I'm sure we can find a bit of money somewhere for that kinda stuff... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Here's a guy who's decent. Also willing to work on lo/no budget things.

http://vimeo.com/64142588

Maybe get in touch with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 halfmoon

Just wanted to know if you got the video Done. I might be interested in doing something more film like with yiz if you like. I have my own camera Canon XL1.

Let me know, I'd do something quirky if your up for it.

Advertisement