Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky news WTF?

• 28-03-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    just seen a clip on sky news about us irish looking for leprechauns today? whats happening around the country about this? as if people from other countrys dont think were mad enough as it is!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I presume you know of Sheamus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

brembo26 wrote: »
    as if people from other countrys dont think were mad enough as it is!

Generally they don't think about us whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭RustyBeanTin

there was a lepracaun treasure hunt going on in the mountains around o'meath near dundalk today, my ma, da and wee sister were at it. they reckoned there was a few thousand people at it

maybe thats what they are on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

About time they took us seriously.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Man if i had a penny for everytime someone typed "SkyNews wtf?" I'd be a rich man. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

dsmythy wrote: »
    Man if i had a penny for everytime someone typed "SkyNews wtf?" I'd be a rich man. :)

Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.
    Sky news wtf.

Heres 10p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Would you really though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

30 results for "SkyNews WTF" on Google.
    8 results for "Sky News WTF" on Google.

Don't quit the day job just yet dsmythy. ;)

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    30 results for "SkyNews WTF" on Google.
    8 results for "Sky News WTF" on Google.

Don't quit the day job just yet dsmythy. ;)

Who would of thought it. Another get rich quick scheme doesn't do what it says on the tin. Darn. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

there was a lepracaun treasure hunt going on in the mountains around o'meath near dundalk today, my ma, da and wee sister were at it. they reckoned there was a few thousand people at it

maybe thats what they are on about

Yep, saw the story, The Carlingford Leprechaun Protection Society or some such thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sky news is shyte...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Oh jesus......

Sky news is like watching the sun newspaper on the telly...pure sheeite and hard to believe 100% of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Sky news are saying Leprechauns are to get EU protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

what are ye on about sky news is ****e and hard to believe 100% of the time??????????????????????????

its news that has actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I thought it was April Fool's Day when I saw that clip. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Hi all,
    just seen a clip on sky news about us irish looking for leprechauns today? whats happening around the country about this? as if people from other countrys dont think were mad enough as it is!
    See: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055867607

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Min wrote: »

haha! wouldn blame them since apparently were hunting them all the time!?!?:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Biggins wrote: »

oh for gods sake!!! were the laughing stock!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

oh for gods sake!!! were the laughing stock!!!!

Aren't you a Smurf?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Aren't you a Smurf?

Smurfs and Leprechauns... Well to put it bluntly - they don't get along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i was actually looking for leprechauns today, and there was me thinking sky news made it up as they went along

:rolleyes:

One guy who was on Sky news has seen three leprechauns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

One guy who was on Sky news has seen three leprechauns.

I get embarrassed for this country when i hear stuff like that, just like the time i was embarrassed when our lady appeared in a tree stump in Rathkeale co Limerick...Just like i get embarrassed by bands like crystal swing.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0709/1224250319175.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I heard that on the radio a few weeks back. I thought it was a joke but apparently it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

In England they chase cheese down a hill which is just as retarded imo

The leprechaun thing probably gets a good few tourists, especially if it's being advertised

I don't see the harm

Saw the report. It's all just a bit of fun. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

phasers wrote: »

The leprechaun thing probably gets a good few tourists, especially if it's being advertised

I don't see the harm

At least cheese is real!

Edit to add: all a bit of harmless fun I reckon.

Saw the report. It's all just a bit of fun. Relax.

I'm sorry but leprechauns take this very seriously, lets just say some EU politicians will be wearing a lot of bling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I don't see the harm

Only in Gloucestershire, and its more like a cliff than a hill. The people that do it are clinically insane.

We drove through Ballinaspittle the other week with some friends. They started talking about the statue but my wife made everyone shut up because I would just laugh at them.

Turns out years ago thousands of people sat on the side of a hill there because some claimed to see a statue move.

That would be cool though, can you imagine if all of a sudden a statue of the virgin Mary started moonwalking and body locking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Heard a report on the mooney show a few weeks back,the reporter,brenda or whatever,had a Leprechaun hunter showing her what he claimed were Leprechaun footprints up on a mountain somewhere.
    She couldn't see them, ironically,a passing troop of day tripping firemen happened along and one of them agreed that he could indeed see the footprints. Jaysus,says the Leprechaun hunter, you had me worried I was imagining things meself :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

dubtom wrote: »
    Heard a report on the mooney show a few weeks back,the reporter,brenda or whatever,had a Leprechaun hunter showing her what he claimed were Leprechaun footprints up on a mountain somewhere.
    She couldn't see them, ironically,a passing troop of day tripping firemen happened along and one of them agreed that he could indeed see the footprints. Jaysus,says the Leprechaun hunter, you had me worried I was imagining things meself :eek:

Yes, that's what I heard. I did think at the time how convenient that these guys happened to be walking past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seanleprechaun

All you out there are scratching your heads, whilst my Clan and I the Carlingford leprechauns have been avoiding humans for centuries, last Sunday March 28th was a close one, there was over 3,500 searching for us on the Mountain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

God bless Sky news - Fox news is jealous. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kevinjwoods

Just read this quote and though its the 1st April you may not take this seriously. However I'm the guy that was interviewed on Sky News who saw 3 Leprechauns about 8 years ago.

The people who are mad in this country are people like you who worry about what others think of us. I agree with the guy that said "other countries don't think about us".
    You need to get yourself a life and stop thinking that the only real things in this country are Nama , Banks, pedeophiles, dishonest politicians and €150,000 a year Union Leaders.There are 263 Leprechaun still living on Carlingford mountain, the last remaining in the whole of Ireland. They are now protected officially by the E.U.
    To those who say that I am a Leprechaun Hunter, this is entirely untrue. I can track them .I am a member of the Carlingford Leprechaun Protection Group.
    The hunt for ceramic Leprechauns last week was to
    celebrate Eu protection status
    We sold hunting licences for 5 euro each and proceeds went to Childrens hospital Crumlin and Newry Hospice We raised €13000 gross
    Hi all,

What you heard was true, its always the cycnics that think "How convenient"
    I am not a Hunter. I am a protecter of Leprechauns.Its amazes me that people like you hear something that was never said.!
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Yes, that's what I heard. I did think at the time how convenient that these guys happened to be walking past.

• Advertisement

Fox News will cover this storey in 2 weeks tom on "The O Reilly Factor"
    Biggins wrote: »
    God bless Sky news - Fox news is jealous. :pac:

Is that Sean the 14th. Glad you have added support.
    All you out there are scratching your heads, whilst my Clan and I the Carlingford leprechauns have been avoiding humans for centuries, last Sunday March 28th was a close one, there was over 3,500 searching for us on the Mountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Kevin calm down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

mikom wrote: »
    I presume you know of Sheamus?

O'Shaughnessy. O to be sure I do, isn't he a divil for th edrinkin and fightin

I don't see the harm

Actually thats been banned now. And its not insane its hilarious. have you seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM

Just read this quote and though its the 1st April you may not take this seriously. However I'm the guy that was interviewed on Sky News who saw 3 Leprechauns about 8 years ago.

The people who are mad in this country are people like you who worry about what others think of us. I agree with the guy that said "other countries don't think about us".
    You need to get yourself a life and stop thinking that the only real things in this country are Nama , Banks, pedeophiles, dishonest politicians and €150,000 a year Union Leaders.There are 263 Leprechaun still living on Carlingford mountain, the last remaining in the whole of Ireland. They are now protected officially by the E.U.
    To those who say that I am a Leprechaun Hunter, this is entirely untrue. I can track them .I am a member of the Carlingford Leprechaun Protection Group.
    The hunt for ceramic Leprechauns last week was to
    celebrate Eu protection status
    We sold hunting licences for 5 euro each and proceeds went to Childrens hospital Crumlin and Newry Hospice We raised €13000 gross

Hmmm it shocks me to say it but our insane friend has a point. In the current financial state of our nation if we can make money out of leprechauns then Sky news can say whatever they want about them.

O'Shaughnessy. O to be sure I do, isn't he a divil for th edrinkin and fightin

Actually thats been banned now. And its not insane its hilarious. have you seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM

Hmmm it shocks me to say it but our insane friend has a point. In the current financial state of our nation if we can make money out of leprechauns then Sky news can say whatever they want about them.
    Keep this up and you could receive "the gift"

• Advertisement

Kevin calm down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You never met a calmer man Diabhal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You never met a calmer man Diabhal.
    I clearly have or I wouldn't be telling you to relax

I clearly have or I wouldn't be telling you to relax
    No not necessarily ! you may just like telling people things.(see your number of contributions) In fact you could possible be a terrible judge of people.
    But that's ok. So long as we all except that there are all sorts of people out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Keep this up and you could receive "the gift"

ok now I'm scared

Advertisement