Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

Joke of a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hopefully we win this.

Quality match all round, we did well to come out on top. Australian team is full of superb players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Super game of Rugby!! It doesn't even bother me to say this but 90% of the time Rugby is far more exciting to watch then the football! I wouldn't follow it (Rugby) as closely by an means but fuckin' hell there is far more action to watch compared to your average game of ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just noticed that 3rd season of Lilyhammer is up on Netflix.
    If you don't know what to watch, and never heard of it give it a try.

I suggest starting from season 1 btw:D

• Advertisement

Lads if you wouldn't mind taking a moment (won't take more than 3 minutes) out of pondering your next transfers could you please fill out this short survey on online shopping and ordering for me for a college project I'm working on!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19E-AkA9tx2AjZQvoYxx8FcZC20I4ujzgookfnYV-bJM/edit

Really appreciated, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lads if you wouldn't mind taking a moment (won't take more than 3 minutes) out of pondering your next transfers could you please fill out this short survey on online shopping and ordering for me for a college project I'm working on!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19E-AkA9tx2AjZQvoYxx8FcZC20I4ujzgookfnYV-bJM/edit

Done :).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Done, now take an 8 point hit. :p

Just on the last question, I think there should be an option "would never use".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lads if you wouldn't mind taking a moment (won't take more than 3 minutes)

Done. I have an online shop was only thinking this morning how much bloody work it is. By far the worst part of what I do.

Cheers lads, appreciate you taking the time to fill it out!

@F1ngers thanks for the feedback, I have now added the option to the survey and will modify your answer to reflect this! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cheers lads, appreciate you taking the time to fill it out!

@F1ngers thanks for the feedback, I have now added the option to the survey and will modify your answer to reflect this! :)

yup, i'd be the same in terms of that last question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Done.. Also selected 'would not use' and below is my final comment... :D
    I would prefer not to be using a tablet etc while eating out to relax. I would only be tempted to check the Boards FSA or Fantasy Football Scout.....

Thanks again lads, honest feedback is exactly what i need for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I started filling it out but I never order food online so I've given up. I'd use Amazon sometimes (books, clothes) but I like going to supermarkets and picking my own fruit/veg /eggs etc and I never mind picking up the phone to order takeout. What is the advantage of ordering online??

Thanks again lads, honest feedback is exactly what i need for this!

Yeah the comment is only partly joking. Would dread having an electronic device sitting on the table at a restaurant as part of the ordering process. I'd be more in the "Ban Smartphones from Restaurants" club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Done too ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I started filling it out but I never order food online so I've given up. I'd use Amazon sometimes (books, clothes) but I like going to supermarkets and picking my own fruit/veg /eggs etc and I never mind picking up the phone to order takeout. What is the advantage of ordering online??

Done too Space!

We do quite a bit of our shopping (grocery) online. It's extremely handy, both of us are working and we only have limited time each evening with the kids.
    Weekends are a no no too. Too busy with FPL :)

Apart from the convenience, it's great for budgeting/cost savings imo. You're ordering online and you're way more likely to stick to your list. There's a lot of science in a Supermarket layout, they're designed to make you purchase items that you didn't want/need before entering.

PARlance wrote: »
    Done too Space!

We do quite a bit of our shopping (grocery) online. It's extremely handy, both of us are working and we only have limited time each evening with the kids.
    Weekends are a no no too. Too busy with FPL :)

Apart from the convenience, it's great for budgeting/cost savings imo. You're ordering online and you're way more likely to stick to your list. There's a lot of science in a Supermarket layout, they're designed to make you purchase items that you didn't want/need before entering.

But don't they give you the stuff from the front, ie. close to the sell by date?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

But don't they give you the stuff from the front, ie. close to the sell by date?

I'm sure they do but there's never much of a difference between the fronted stock and behind it in a busy supermarket. A day or two. We've never gotten something that was too close to it's use by date.

Saying that, our online shop is every two weeks and it's normally non perishable stuff. We'll do a weekly shop for fresh.

Worst thing about that survey was having to select 36-45 age group. I've not yet got used to being that demographic. :)

• Advertisement

Done pal. Good luck with the project.

You may go to a female oriented forum to get a few non male responses!

Lemlin wrote: »

Wasn't there a bird posting here for a while?

Wasn't there a bird posting here for a while?

I think he needs the opinion of more than one to balance it out!

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah the comment is only partly joking. Would dread having an electronic device sitting on the table at a restaurant as part of the ordering process. I'd be more in the "Ban Smartphones from Restaurants" club.

I was in japan for a month a few years ago, and each restaurant had either an English menu, an English speaker or little wax models of their dishes in the window. Many a time we had to drag the waiter outside to point at a bowl of yaki soba.

Only 2 places had none of the above, one of which was a place that had a built in touchscreen menu. We were blown away by it.

FHFC wrote: »
    Worst thing about that survey was having to select 36-45 age group. I've not yet got used to being that demographic. :)

Haha sorry about that, you're actually not the first to say this to me!:D

Cheers lad, i got my friend to share it on Facebook too so i've got a good bit of feedback so far, funnily enough still only four female responses!

For anyone that's slightly interested in what it is for I'm in the middle of a course in "user experience design" which involves trying to understand users preferences for using technology, in my case specifically websites and apps. and how you can take people's preferences for one thing and use them to build something new that they might find useful!

Some interesting stats already from the responses i've got so far! i'll throw them up here for anyone interested when i've finished the report!

31 today. I suppose I'm now entering the twilight years of my management career as I head towards the ideal FPL age of 37!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

31 today. I suppose I'm now entering the twilight years of my management career as I head towards the ideal FPL age of 37!

Happy b day by the time you get to 37 the ideal fpl age will have moved onto 43 though.

Happy birthday lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Happy bdays. Thirtysomething now so you are fooked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Happy Birthday!!!

Advertisement