Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home insurance claim

Options
  • 04-05-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

So I have a TV that has been damaged, and not working anymore. The TV cost me 1,500 a couple of years ago - but is now outside of the warranty so they wont repair it or tell me where it can be repaired. I would be happy enough to pay for the repair costs but they will not assist with parts for the tv (which cannot be sourced by any of the 3 TV repair shops I have tried).

A friend recommended I put a claim in with the small claims court. I did and its been over 6 months now — not much has happened (looks like a lost cause to me). They responded and said it was outside warranty and didn't have to do anything, etc, etc.

So now I am considering putting a claim in with my home insurance to cover the cost of a new TV. I realise this will cancel my no claims discount on home insurance, but will this effect my premium in the following years (like motor insurance). Is this pure madness, should I just stump up for the cost of a new TV? Anybody I speak to says its crazy for a 1500 TV to die after just 3 years...

Advertisement